SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305170 - 12/12/05 08:49 PM I ordered the hard drive and 1 Gb ram for Tyros 2 Tonight
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
I asked Scott Yee what Hard drive and Ram he put in his new Tyros 2 and he sent me this info:
Samsung Hardrive: http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=68900

Kingston ECC DIMM (2 ea. x 512mb) http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA08522

I respect Scott's knowledge and know that he has done his homework and is saving me from doing mine, so I ordered the same for mine

Thanks a bunch Scott for your help in this matter. I will let you know when you can come down and install them for me

Best to all and Merry Christmas
Bebop

#305171 - 12/13/05 04:43 AM Re: I ordered the hard drive and 1 Gb ram for Tyros 2 Tonight
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Bebop.
Scott and I talked about the hard drives and memory on Skype and we both decided to go for the same models. I also think we have the same drive as Wolf, can't remember his name when he was posting on here.
They both work fine so you should be happy with them.
Merry Christams to you all.

#305172 - 12/14/05 06:53 AM Re: I ordered the hard drive and 1 Gb ram for Tyros 2 Tonight
BEBOP Offline

Thanks Craig,
Scott phoned me and advised that he would not buy the 1 Gb memory as he thought it was way more then he would ever use or need. However...........I always figure it is best to have the most available so I also went with the 1 Gb.
I was amazed the other day that I could only load 17 midi files into the stock Ty2. It must not come with very much memory.
I have been advised that both the HD and the Ram have been shipped and I have tracking numbers so they should be here pretty soon, although the Chrismas Rush may present a problem. I see the ups truck delivering to my neighbors at 8 PM now that is hopeful
Bebop

#305173 - 12/14/05 01:55 PM Re: I ordered the hard drive and 1 Gb ram for Tyros 2 Tonight
pratzert Offline

Loc: Kingsville, Maryland. USA
Bill,

Where did you order your HD and Memory from ?

Thanks, Tim

#305174 - 12/14/05 03:27 PM Re: I ordered the hard drive and 1 Gb ram for Tyros 2 Tonight
BEBOP Offline

Tim, just click on the URL's in my post at the top and you are on the website where you can order or just look
Bill

#305175 - 03/17/06 05:39 PM Re: I ordered the hard drive and 1 Gb ram for Tyros 2 Tonight
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Bill

I tried to order exactly what you and Scott purchased, but the 60gb hard drive is no longer available. However, the 80gb version is still available and was priced reasonably at mwave, so I ordered them all from the one supplier. They arrived today coincident with my Tyros 2 from eMusicgear, a first class internet supplier, and are already installed.

Thanks for your help, I'm in the process of copying my Tyros 1 hard drive to my USB drive so as to transfer registrations and midis etc.

Thanks for your suggestions and help, they are invaluable.

I don't think I'll have the courage to use the board at church on Sunday, but next Wednesday evening's practice and thenceforth, for sure.

Graham

[This message has been edited by PraiseTheLord (edited 03-17-2006).]

[This message has been edited by PraiseTheLord (edited 03-17-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online