SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305093 - 12/21/05 07:54 AM Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I received my Tyros2 keyboard on Nov 2nd (over 6 weeks ago) and in addition to registering it with Yamaha Corporation online then as well, I also registered online (signed up) for Yamaha's: IDC (Internet Direct Connection) feature.

As a perk for registering online for Yamaha's IDC feature, Yamaha is giving away (until Dec 31st) a FREE USB LAN adapter device , of which enables you to connect your Tyros2 to the internet, to download Yamaha files (styles, voices, & midi files) DIRECTLY into your keyboard.

It's now been over 6 weeks, and I haven't received my Free USB Lan adapter yet. Many of my Tyros2 buddies in Europe received their USB Lan Adapters (in the mail) almost immediately after registering for IDC. I'm curious now HOW MANY (if any) US Tyros2 owners here, and who have registered online for IDC, have received their Free USB Lan adapters yet?

In the meantime, I've contacted Steve Deming (head of customer support) at Yamaha USA, and he advised me that because of high demand, there's been an unexpected back log& delay in getting the FREE USB Lan adapters out. He unfortunately was also not able to tell me when I might be able to expect to receive mine.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#305094 - 12/21/05 07:58 AM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Yes, have received the USB Lan Adapter a few weeks ago. It's working fine too!

Bert.

#305095 - 12/21/05 08:26 AM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Me too .

Arno,

#305096 - 12/21/05 08:42 AM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
NO,not recived mine either waiting time so far four weeks.I live in Germany.

#305097 - 12/21/05 08:58 AM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Have'nt received mine yet either.

New York

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#305098 - 12/21/05 03:13 PM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Me, neither, Scott.

And, I also contacted Yamaha. Mark Anderson sent me a reply that said the same thing that Steve Deming told you.

I even went out and purchased a USB adapter and, of course, it did not work. That is because the Tyros2 OS only supports old, outdated USB wirelss adapters (hello, Yamaha, OS update time!) Since you can not specify what version of these things you want when you buy online, they send you what they have currently. Mine was not returnable (bye, bye $38!).

Yamaha is blowing it on this one. They are sending me all these emails (20% off, speical sale, etc). But, they all END IN DECEMBER. And you can't buy a wirelss adapter that works, and Yamaha doesn't have the free ones and they don't know when they will get them.

Hmmm...
Oh, well, nevermind.

Tom G.

PS: I can't get the OS update that is on the Yamaha site because I don't have the wireless adapter to connect. But, I alraady mentioned that above.

#305099 - 12/21/05 03:45 PM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi Scott, As I posted on the Yamaha PK forum, I have not received mine yet and my emails to the same addy that confirmed it would be mailed to me soon is UNKNOWN and Mail bounced.
I may be moving the KN7000 back over to the recording rack pretty soon. All these problems are wearing pretty thin.
Bebop

#305100 - 12/21/05 03:57 PM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:

I even went out and purchased a USB adapter and, of course, it did not work. That is because the Tyros2 OS only supports old, outdated USB wirelss adapters (hello, Yamaha, OS update time!) Since you can not specify what version of these things you want when you buy online, they send you what they have currently. Mine was not returnable (bye, bye $38!).

Tom, definitely a BUMMER to discover your USB-Lan device not only incompatible, but not returnable back to the internet dealer either.

Curious which specific internet dealer you purchased it from, as all the internet dealers I've dealt with allow returns/exchanges, especially for incompatible equipment.

Here's Yamaha's listing of Tyros2 compatible USB-Lan Adapters and their associated minimum firmware version requirement to work with Tyros2.

Curious which USB-Lan Device: brand, model, and firmware version yours has. If it's firmware version incompatiblity only, is it not possible to upgrade/downgrade to the firmware version compatible with Tyros2?

In the meantime, I too am anxious for Yamaha finally deliver on their promise of providing us FREE USB-Lan Adapters.

Scott

#305101 - 12/21/05 05:09 PM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott

As per Yamaha's list, I purchased a NETGEAR
MA111 version1 Ver1.04.

The web ad said it was version 1, but when it arrived, it was version 2. I was told this is the only version available now and not a legit reason for return (an outdated version could be returned).

I can download the version 2 firmware from Netgear, but not the old version 1. You see, Netgear STOPPED MAKING version 1 in 2003!!

Tom G.

#305102 - 12/22/05 04:14 AM Re: Tyros2 Owners: Have you Rc'd your FREE USB Lan Adapter for Tyros2 from Yamaha Yet?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I use a late model Linksys USB Wireless adapter which the T2 states is not supported, but it works like a charm!

Might want to give it a try.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online