SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305002 - 02/26/06 02:21 AM Style Tempo
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I wonder if anyone has found a good method of achieving the following:

I've been working on a couple of songs recently, namely "Tie a yellow ribbon..." and "Thank you for the music". Both these songs have a slow down in tempo at some point in the song ie: in Tie a yellow ribbon it comes at the point in the song where Tony Orlando sings "Now the whole darn bus is cheering, and I can't believe I see....."
In "Thank you for the music...." it's at the point "I am the girl with golden hair...". At these measures in the song it's not enough in my opinion to just cut the drums out of the style, i'd like to be able to reduce the tempo on one of the variations automatically.

Is the above possible, or if not, has anyone found a good way of achieving the above?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Kind regards to all

Peter

#305003 - 02/26/06 02:58 AM Re: Style Tempo
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Peter
If you are playing the song 'live' then use the 8 registrations to set up the song and then save one of them (e.g. No. 8 with the slower tempo but the same voices as No. 7 to play those few bars) then switch back to No 7 to finish the song.
John

#305004 - 02/26/06 05:26 AM Re: Style Tempo
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by John North:
Hi Peter
If you are playing the song 'live' then use the 8 registrations to set up the song and then save one of them (e.g. No. 8 with the slower tempo but the same voices as No. 7 to play those few bars) then switch back to No 7 to finish the song.
John

Thanks John, hope you're enjoying your Tyros 2. I wondered if this might be the way others got round the problem, I wonder if it can be done within an actual style though say have variation 3 play that bit slower?

All the best John and thanks again for your help

Kind regards

Peter

#305005 - 02/26/06 05:50 AM Re: Style Tempo
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Peter

Take a look at my free Style Tempo Editor at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stytempo/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA PSR Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha

#305006 - 02/26/06 07:06 AM Re: Style Tempo
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Hi Peter

Take a look at my free Style Tempo Editor at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stytempo/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

Thanks for the link etc Jørgen

I've downloaded the program and installed it but unfortunately I get a warning message saying "A .dll file could not be found"? I'm running windows 2000, have you any suggestions? I think the program is what i'm looking for though.

All the best

Peter

#305007 - 02/26/06 11:12 AM Re: Style Tempo
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi Peter

Most probably you dont have the .Net Framework installed.
Please read here how to get it:
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/tech_dotnet.htm

If this not solves the problem please mail me again.

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA PSR Resource Site at [URL=http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha [/URL]

#305008 - 03/01/06 10:05 PM Re: Style Tempo
Peter Lowden Offline

Hi Jørgen

Wanted to thank you for your program "Style Tempo Editor" i've now got the program up and running and found it brilliant!!

I've been looking at another program on your web site namely "Style Remixer". Will this program work with Tyros 1 and keep the same accompaniment voice (including Mega voice) settings?

Thanks again for all your hard work

Peter

#305009 - 03/03/06 11:23 AM Re: Style Tempo
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Hi Peter

Great!

Style Remixer will NOT change voice settings. Go ahead and try it!

Kind Regards
Jørgen

#305010 - 03/10/06 11:29 PM Re: Style Tempo
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Hi Peter

Great!

Style Remixer will NOT change voice settings. Go ahead and try it!

Kind Regards
Jørgen

Hi Jørgen,

Every so often whilst using Style Tempo Editor, the Tyros 1 won't recognize the tempo changes, for instance: The style i've been working on recently i've made several tempo changes, but Variation A will not change although when I re-load the style back into your program it comes up with the saved and correct Tempo, all other variations / intro's /endings etc all display tempo changes within the keyboard, any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong!

Sorry to be a pain!

Kind regards

Peter

PS: It must be something i'm doing because I've just changed all parts of the style i'm working on as an experiment to approximately 30 and the Tyros 1 does not recognize any changes, it's as though my changes are not being saved or not being recognized.

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 03-10-2006).]

#305011 - 03/11/06 03:36 AM Re: Style Tempo
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Are you saving the changes via Digital Recording/Style Creator? Walter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online