SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304850 - 02/28/06 09:50 PM Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Whilst scrolling through the music database
I now find that some styles are no longer found, I presume this is because I've deleted them to make way for my own preference of styles

I've managed to download a text (Excell) file of the music Database, so I can now easily discover what style Yamaha has assigned for any song.

Is there anywhere all the onboard styles including those in the user area or Custom style area can be downloaded from?

Many thanks for any help

Kind regards

Peter

#304851 - 03/01/06 12:56 AM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Peter, you cannot delete the on-board styles, look at http://www.musiciansroom.net/Styles/default.aspx you will need to register. You can also get a "proper" list of songs, about 2000, that you can load into your Ty. MusicFinder. Also you can ask the Ty. to list songs it suggests for any Style, this will show on the display. Walter.

#304852 - 03/01/06 04:43 AM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Peter Lowden Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
[B]Peter, you cannot delete the on-board styles

Hi Walter,

I'll check out the site you mention Walter.

With regard deleting on board styles I refer to those onboard styles that are in the custom/user areas, pre loaded by Yamaha, and that are deletable, not those that are permanently in memory.

Thanks again Walter

All the best

Peter

#304853 - 03/01/06 05:11 AM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Walter McLaren Offline

New one on me Peter, have Ty1, never got any Styles other than Presets!!! Walter.

[This message has been edited by Walter McLaren (edited 03-01-2006).]

#304854 - 03/01/06 07:04 AM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
New one on me Peter, have Ty1, never got any Styles other than Presets!!! Walter.

[This message has been edited by Walter McLaren (edited 03-01-2006).]

Hi Walter

Strange things going on with my Tyros 1 you're correct Tyros 1 comes with no styles in the user/ custom area, so the music finder database can have only preset styles assigned to each song, in theory every song name should be assigned a style!
I've not added any extra entries of my own to the Music finder database?

Some of the song titles have no style assigned to them, when I highlight them I get
this message "STOP! Style file lost"

Wonder if anyone else has had the above meassage and what causes it?

I updated my Music finder list to the 2000 entries and proper names ages ago, just wondering if it's anything to do with this?

Thanks Walter for your help

Kind regards

Peter

#304855 - 03/02/06 01:12 PM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Walter McLaren Offline

Peter, you could try and reinstall the MF you now have, or, reinstall the one built into the machine, and then if it is OK, update to the one you are now using. If still no go, a System Restore may help. Cheers. Walter.

#304856 - 03/02/06 09:48 PM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
Peter, you could try and reinstall the MF you now have, or, reinstall the one built into the machine, and then if it is OK, update to the one you are now using. If still no go, a System Restore may help. Cheers. Walter.

That sounds good advice Walter, try it the weekend when i bring my Tyros 1 back home.

All the best

Peter

#304857 - 03/09/06 08:36 AM Re: Tyros 1 Factory onboard styles
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
Hi Walter

Strange things going on with my Tyros 1 you're correct Tyros 1 comes with no styles in the user/ custom area, so the music finder database can have only preset styles assigned to each song, in theory every song name should be assigned a style!
I've not added any extra entries of my own to the Music finder database?

Some of the song titles have no style assigned to them, when I highlight them I get
this message "STOP! Style file lost"

Wonder if anyone else has had the above meassage and what causes it?

I updated my Music finder list to the 2000 entries and proper names ages ago, just wondering if it's anything to do with this?

Thanks Walter for your help

Kind regards

Peter

The "Preset" Music Finder only refers to preset styles, but when you replace it with another one - with corrected titles - you may, indeed, find additional entries some of which refer to styles that may have been stored in the USER area. Not your USER area, but the USER area of the fellow who uploaded that "corrected" mfd file.

The MFD can refer to styles that are presets or in the USER area. However, styles come and go from the USER area, which itself is not very large. This could be practical if there are just a limited number of favorite styles you use all the time and store all the time in the USER area.

You can learn a great deal more about how the MusicFinder works by reviewing that section at the PSR Tutorial. The description focus on the 2000/2100, but the 3000 and the Tyros work in exactly the same way. Here's a link:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/L/mf.html

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online