SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304806 - 06/25/07 09:35 PM MIDI setup
jimgilman Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, CA, U.S.
Seeing as how this message relates both to my new Ketron SD-3 and my new Yamaha PS-3000, I'll post this in both forums.

I'm using a Bell accordion with a Limex interface to control both keyboards. There is no problem playing either keyboard from the accordion, but I would like it to play both at the same time. I would be using the voices and styles from the Yamaha and would love to add the voices from the SD-3 to the arrangement.

When I run a MIDI cable from the accordion to the Yamaha MIDI IN and another from the Yamaha MIDI OUT to the SD-3 MIDI IN (#2 for accordions), the Yamaha plays but not the SD-3.

When I go the other way, into the SD-3 MIDI IN first and then from the SD-3 MIDI THROUGH to the Yamaha MIDI IN, the SD-3 plays but not the Yamaha.

If someone would help me with the order in which I need to wire up the 2 keyboards and any setting I might be missing to make it happen, I'd be very grateful.

Jim Gilman

#304807 - 06/27/07 04:00 PM Re: MIDI setup
jimgilman Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, CA, U.S.
A big thank you to Jay Salam for helping me out with this. I called him concerning upgrading my version of Styleworks and after chatting a bit he told me how to "turn on" the MIDI THROUGH port.

FYI - push F6 button (MIDI) and then F9 (UTILITY)and then F8(?). You can then choose either input #1 or input #2 to be directed to the MIDI THROUGH port.

I'll try this out on a gig this Saturday and report back, but I think this will do the trick.

AJ - if this is correct, you don't need to call me back about this, although I'll have another quickie question before too long.

Jim Gilman

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online