SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304757 - 08/23/06 05:12 AM How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
apchopper Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA, USA
Yesterday I tried to record a couple of try-outs using my Tyros 2 hard drive. Everything worked OK except for deletion. I was unable to figure out how to delete the unneeded files. I followed the Manual instructions but the result was always the same -- I kept getting the message that the file was in use and can't be deleted. First I tried to select the files with the buttons. But then I realized that the Tyros loads the file up when I do that. Then I tried to select the files with the wheel and then pressed the DELETE button. The result was the same. I created a folder for the unneeded files. But again I was unable to move them into this new folder. I kept getting the same message.

Please advise!

Alex

#304758 - 08/23/06 05:46 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
I've found that when I create a new audio file (press record and stop button then name the file) and select this, you can then go back and erase any other named audio you don't require anymore. It looks like the T2 can only erase an audio file not in use/memory.

#304759 - 08/23/06 07:41 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
apchopper Offline

T42, thanks a lot for the pointer!

So, in order to delete some previously recorded files I need to create a new file, name it and right after that I can push the Selection button, select a file and then push the Delete button. Right?

Right now I am work but when i get home today I will try to delete files as per your recommendation.

Take care!

Alex

#304760 - 08/23/06 09:15 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
T42 Offline

Yes that should work Alex, it does for me.
Also pressing the music finder button when turning the T2 on allows you to see the hard drives contents on your PC. Going into the folder where your audio is created should in theory allow you to erase it that way too.

#304761 - 08/23/06 09:28 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
apchopper Offline

T42,

Thanks for the second tip. I am a bit surprised that such a simple things as deleting a file can be so cumbersome.

By the way, based on your knowledge of the above issues did you try to render MIDI file tracks into separate audio files. I have already asked this question but it looks not many people need this. I know that it is possible to render MIDI tracks into wave files one by one but for this I would have to press two buttons simultaneously for each track (let's say if I have 8 tracks then I will have to repeat this procedure 8 times). This is not such a big issue. The biggest issue will be lining up the resulting files in a recorder or a DAW. It's not undoable but it's just another time consuming effort. So I thought maybe there's an Audio Capture shortcut so to say.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

#304762 - 08/23/06 10:49 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
T42 Offline

Unfortunately I don't use midi files or find the need to use them, so I can't answer your question.
Try posting it under the general arranger section as there's loads of T2 owners on there who are helpful.
Good luck.

#304763 - 08/23/06 01:16 PM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
apchopper Offline

T42,
Unfortunately i am doing someting wrong. I pressed the Rec and Stop buttons, named the file, and then I tried to select another file for deletion. Still I would get the same message.
T42, could please try describe every step in detail how you do it. I am sorry but it looks like something is missing in the sequence of your actions when you delete the unneeded files.

Thanks again,

Alex

#304764 - 08/23/06 02:23 PM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
T42 Offline

After you have created and named a new file you must select that new name so it becomes the one in current use. You can then press the select button again but immediately after this press the delete/erase button and highlight the ones you don't need then delete them.
I'm not in front of T2 at the moment but I'm certain I've not missed anything out.

#304765 - 08/24/06 03:10 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
apchopper Offline

T42,
I'll let you know if I was successful.
The reason I decided to find out about deleting files from the hard drive was that i got concerned about my Tyros 2, I mean, I was afraid that something was not right. I feel a bit relieved after you confirmed that the file management on the hard drive was just poorely designed.

Anyway, thanks for your patience.

Alex

#304766 - 08/24/06 05:32 AM Re: How do I delete audio files from the Tyros 2 hard drive?
T42 Offline

The file management for the hard drive is not poorly designed on the Tyros 2, it just makes sense that it doesn't want to erase anything that you are currently using in memory. Would you want to erase your masterpiece of a song that you've just recorded by mistake
I hope you manage to erase the ones you no longer need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online