SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304717 - 05/06/06 07:25 AM Another T2 Performance: This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As a followup to my last song: "Blue Bayou" , I thought I'd switch gears, and feature a big band lounge style tune this time.

This ones called: "This Could Be The Start Of Something Big", written by Steve Allen, and the theme song for his "Tonight Show" TV program (circa 1950's). I first heard this song on a Buddy Greco "greatest hits" CD, which I'd discovered at a local music store, and immediately knew I wanted to add it to my performance repertoire. It's become immensely popular with my audiences, and become my theme song of sorts. I like to end my sets with this one. As you'll hear, I took the liberty to personally update the lyrics for: "2006".

As with my previous recordings, I sang & played everything live on my Tyros2 keyboard, recording straight to the Tyros2 built-in HD recorder, and then simply converted the resulting WAV file to WMA (windows media audio) format, so what you hear is pretty much exactly what you'd hear if you came to my show.

I utilized the Tyros2's internal style: Big Band Fast1, and Tyros2's: "GRAND PIANO" voice for live playing throughout.

To listen, go to my website:
Scott Yee Entertainment
then:
Go to the: "Song Demos" Page.
Scroll down to the: "Big Band/Swing" Category.
Go to: "This Could Be The Start of Something BIG", then
Click on DSL/Cable (5.53MB) or 56K (1.05MB) version

Thanks in advance for listening to yet another of my live 'on the fly' Tyros2 recorded tunes.

Scott

#304718 - 05/06/06 08:26 AM Re: Another T2 Performance: This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

GREAT STUFF!!! WELL DONE

Peter

#304719 - 05/07/06 05:49 PM Re: Another T2 Performance: This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Good job Scott, thanks for sharing.
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online