SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304516 - 08/17/06 08:18 AM Tyros 2 accordion sounds
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Group,

I currently have a GEM Genesys XP. The accordion sounds aren't that great. I would be interested in feedback on the accordion sounds of the T2; especially the jazz or cassotto. Also, how would you rate the violin sounds of T2?

Are there any good places to hear samples of T2. I've never heard one in person. Not one music store in the entire state of Texas has one in stock that I can find!!

Thanks,
Don

#304517 - 08/17/06 08:38 AM Re: Tyros 2 accordion sounds
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
The Yamaha demo site has some accordion sounds in the World demo in the Sound Showcase which you will find in the Demonstration section. http://aux.music.yamaha.com/tyros2/

Others may chime in with more relavant demos.

I have found the T2 accordion sounds to be usefull. The master accordion is a little bit heavy for me but the Jazz is useable as is the Mussette. I am not knowledgeable enough about accordions to tell you which has a servicable cassotto sound

As for violins, the solo violin is nice as are several of the general string section/orchestra string voices. What I find missing is a small ensemble sound, like a quartet.

#304518 - 08/17/06 11:46 AM Re: Tyros 2 accordion sounds
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Thanks Robert,

I listened to the demo on Tyros 2. Heard a couple of good accordion sounds, Tango and Musette.

Don

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online