SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304382 - 11/22/05 04:22 AM I thought I wouldn't, but I did; buy a Tyros 2 that is.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Well, I said I wouldn't purchase another 61 key arranger (Tyros2), but after auditioning the T2 at my local Music Store, I was compelled to purchase the Tyros2. Here's why...

1. Vastly improved styles - most of the styles seem to be more apprpriate for more songs. I am finding I can match more styles to more songs. The groove factor on the styles seem to be much better. I seem to get inspired to play better because I feel the beat much better. The beats are more snappy and in the pocket. I find the Rock styles vastly improved over the previous Tyros. There are more and better 60's, Twist, Blues, Oldies rock 'n roll styles. Also, more contemporary rock, and alternative rock and Hip hop styles which really can be applied to more recent music.

The intros, endings, breaks, fills all seem to be much more tastefully done and make use more judiciously of backing sounds. Also, they seem to be mixed and balanced much better allowing the melody to stand out more. I could more on this topic, but let's move on.

* Sounds, Sounds, Sounds: You'd be hard pressed to find any other board on the market with the variety and quality of sounds than the Tyros 2. Forget Mega this and Super Articulate that, the fact remains the Tyros 2 has some of the best samples on the planet, PERIOD! The electric Pianos are killer, the Brass and strings sound almost VST CPU like, and those killer Organs; They really improved the organs to the point that they now have made my Roland VK8M organ module obsolete.

One area lacking are in the Chiors; They could have done a better job in this area especially for worship and Gospel type music. This is surprising since the Motif has some of the best Chior samples on the market.

I find the Guitar voices absolutely breathtaking and very playable to the point that you can now sound very life like playing a guitar on the keyboard. Some of those rock guitars are absolutely awesome.

I have to run now, but more of my review to come....

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#304383 - 11/22/05 05:46 AM Re: I thought I wouldn't, but I did; buy a Tyros 2 that is.
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Regarding the choir sounds, link your Tyros 2 to your PC and use the editing software.
With a bit of twiddling you can get some very good choirs. I'd like to see some more from Yamaha available to download, but it's the only way to make them better for the time being. I've managed to get a decent sound for Mike & The Mechanics Living Years song.
The editing facilities are spot on. I wont be using many preset sounds once I've gone to town with creating custom voices. I have to put my own stamp on any keyboard I purchase lol

#304384 - 11/22/05 05:56 AM Re: I thought I wouldn't, but I did; buy a Tyros 2 that is.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Craig,

On the Motif, I had a killer chior sound just like the Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil. Since the two sound engines are pretty much the same (I think), It should be pretty easy to edit them in the sound editor. I'll give that a try.

Thanks for the tip!!!
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online