SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304336 - 02/25/06 12:10 AM Memory Full (message)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I wonder if anyone can shine a light on the following?

Once or twice since owning my Tyros 1 when i'm wanting to transfer one accompaniment part from say, an on board style to a user style I get the message "Memory Full"
The memory in the style user area says 764 free, so this area is far from full.

I would be grateful for any help

Kind regards

Peter

#304337 - 02/25/06 01:21 PM Re: Memory Full (message)
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Peter this Is a flash type memory, I assume it comes by using too many functions too quickly, overpowering it, often seen on a 3000, I have never seen on a Ty1, but have heard of in Ty.2 For practical purposes it can be ignored. Walter.

#304338 - 02/25/06 07:04 PM Re: Memory Full (message)
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
If I am auditioning a series of registrations, one after the other, I get a message "Registration Memory Full". A further instruction suggests I should turn off the keyboard and then turn it back on to solve the memory problem.
I never do, as I just wait a moment or two and the keyboard seems to sort itself out.
I presume that all registrations must stay in "soft" (dynamic) memory, and the message comes up when that is full. The waiting solution suggests that the operating system has a purging mechanism from time to time.
Anybody have any further information? it is a Tyros 2, but I think my earlier PSR3000 showed the same problem.
Keith

#304339 - 02/25/06 09:41 PM Re: Memory Full (message)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Thanks for your comments, advice etc, Walter and Keith, appreciate your help.

After some experimenting i've come to the following conclusion: Whenever working on the style Guitar Ballad this problem arises,
if I remove the mega voicing accompaniment parts, I presume it frees up memory and you can work on the style as normal, BUT! if you try and put back into the style any Mega voice parts from the onboard/original style, then you immediatly get memory full again.

The strange thing is though the Guitar Ballad style does not use all accompaniment parts (two are empty, phrase 1&2) but having said that, there are two Mega voices being used in the style.

Thanks again for your help,

Kind regards

Peter

#304340 - 03/02/06 08:52 AM Re: Memory Full (message)
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have never had this problem with my t2.
I have added 1 gig of ram and a 60 gig hard drive. I wonder if this is why.
the computers use your flash memory, and then the ram that is installed and when that is all used up it starts using free space on the hard drive for memory. It works but causes everything to slows down to the speed of the hard drive rather then the speed of the memory chips.
Bebop

#304341 - 03/04/06 12:40 AM Re: Memory Full (message)
fuityfj Offline

Loc: Banbury, Oxfordshire, United K...
I quite often get this message on my 3k especially when playing live at a gig and making choosing several different Reg's 'on the fly' before selecting the one to actually play.

I ignore it and just press the Reg again - it's never caused a real problem that I can tell.

Freddie

#304342 - 03/04/06 08:18 PM Re: Memory Full (message)
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, I use a LOT my many registrations banks in my T2 and I did with my PSR 3000...and I get that message often, but I ignore it, usually by pressing "song",like if I was to choose a midi file to play (aldo, I do not use them), and that, makes the message go away.
I wish Yamaha do something about it, is not a real problem, but is very annoying!!, mainly when you are playing life before audience.

#304343 - 03/04/06 08:22 PM Re: Memory Full (message)
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I did report this "annoying" message...
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum39/HTML/000090.html

#304344 - 03/08/06 01:07 PM Re: Memory Full (message)
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
I get this problem only when playing someone else's regs from the HD or USB mem stick, If I just play a few its okay, but one time I keep going and ended up having one reg locked on, and had to restart, then initiate, when neither got rid of the stuck reg, ended up having to tic the regs and do a factory reset, loosing my regs, I don't use these regs no more, I'm guessing they are not compatible, and making a bunch of changes through out the system and gets things jammed up. Don't know if the midiplayer would make them usable on the ty2 or not. Havn't had a chance to check.
Pose

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online