SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#30422 - 07/28/07 09:18 PM Re: q for donny re styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
What, no INXS, haahaa.

Had the pleasure of meeting Cold Chisel's drummer ( Steve Prestwich) many years back.
I was asked to be do a 1 hr one on one tutorial on Korg O1W to help out the local music store, I was that star struck we spent 3. haa haa. (Fortunately they never used to pre warn me who their customers were, or I would have been too nervous to turn up.)

If & when you get around to style creation, if I can be of any help, let me know.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
hey rikki,
i will be turning to creating styles for classic Oz Rock songs, you know, from chisel, dragon, angels,men at work etc etc, as for some strange reason a lot of standardised styles do not really suit oz rock, anyhoo thats in the future...
cya
dennis

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30423 - 07/28/07 10:10 PM Re: q for donny re styles
miden Offline

Loc: The World
inxs were (i use that tense as i dont think they they are the same without hutchence)never one of my fav oz bands,but still okay..now that you mention it a couple their songs would translate well to a style...thanks for the offer of help...i should be okay,but you never know, so its good to have some help if needed..
cheers
denis

#30424 - 07/29/07 05:20 PM Re: q for donny re styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
One thing I have been meaning to ask, is, how did you go with the pc sequencer that was designed for the Ketron. You mentioned you downloaded the demo copy, did you ever buy the full version?? I can't remember it's name.

Currently I use a combination of Styleworks & PT12 or XG Works to edit ( converted ) styles, maybe the sequencer you mentioned may be more suitable for Ketron.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30425 - 07/29/07 08:24 PM Re: q for donny re styles
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi rikki, its more of an editor, rather than a sequencer..well at least thats what i use it for primarily as i use sonar for seuqnecing work..its called SD Mastering Studio gold, and its really helpful in setting up sysex messages for changing, for example, the distortion level within the dsp efx section by adding lines of sysex to the header file, or changing the reverb amounts, or vocalizer settings etc etc, so that they all get changed automatically at the start of each midi file.....my pet "thing" at the moment is getting registrations to change with the midis as well, the data tables say its possible (via sysex) so i am working on that now...another little glitch i've noticed with the sd is that once you call up a registration, and play the related midi file, you actually have to physically turn off song play to select the next registration and then re-press song play after the selection, otherwise the sd just selects the next MIDI file when you enter the next registraion number...as you would know you cannot "juke-box" or chain registrations, only midis, so this is a bit annoying when 60% of the show is midis!!!!anyhoo hope that info for the editor was what you wanted,
cheers
dennis

#30426 - 07/30/07 03:29 PM Re: q for donny re styles
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Dennis,
appreciate the info.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note