SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304184 - 11/18/05 11:19 PM Text files in T2
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Hello. . .
I thought I'd try to again for a little free advice. This time it's about getting text files into the T2 and linking them to song registrations (no more binder on the music stand). Problem is I can't get it to happen (not the brightest bulb in the computer world), and the nice fellow at Yamaha support was a little perplexed as well. My lyrics are in Microsoft Word, so I guess the idea is to transfer them to a flash drive and then use the usb to device
connection to the keyboard. The problem is that nothing shows up. I'm not asking for a step by step rundown, only wondering if this is generally the right approach and whether anyone else has tried it. Thanks, DerfM

#304185 - 11/19/05 03:07 PM Re: Text files in T2
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Quote:
Originally posted by DerfMuisc:
and the nice fellow at Yamaha support was a little perplexed as well. My lyrics are in Microsoft Word, so I guess the idea is to transfer them to a flash drive and then use the usb to device
connection to the keyboard. The problem is that nothing shows up.

The Tyros2 can't read .doc files. Copy your lyrics as flat text into notepad and save them as .txt That should do the trick.

Bert.

#304186 - 11/20/05 11:07 PM Re: Text files in T2
DerfMuisc Offline

lacabo. . .
Sounds right. I'll try it. Thanks. DerfM

#304187 - 11/22/05 03:11 AM Re: Text files in T2
DerfMuisc Offline

lacobo (Bert). . .
Worked just fine. I now have lyrics and chords linked to registrations of about forty songs with more to go. What a great feature. . .no more binder or memory lapses. Thanks again, DerfM

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online