SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304035 - 12/04/05 10:44 AM DGX and USB problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Not particularly knowledgeable so I wonder if anyone cab help.

I noticed a member (BEBOP?) had a problem connecting a Tyros to PC via USB. I've got exactly the same problem with a DGX505. Keyboard is recognized by XP Home SP2 but the USB Midi Driver in Control Panel says "no Yamaha device is connected". In hardware the Yamaha USB Driver shows up as "driver enabled but not functioning correctly". In Sounds and Audio Devices I do not have an option to select the Yamaha USB for MIDI playback, only SB Live options.

Did BEBOP find a solution to this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, have tried the latest 2.1.6 driver with no success.

Cgeers,

Ben, North Devon

#304036 - 12/04/05 07:48 PM Re: DGX and USB problem
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI BEN,
YOu have the same problem that I have. I have been sidetracked for a couple of weeks and have not worked on this problem anymore. I hope to get back to it this week coming and hope for a resolution. I have tried all the drivers from 2.1.13 that came on the floppy through 2.1.16 from Yamaha.
The 13 driver loaded first time into my laptop so it has to be a conflict in my desktop.
I will let you know what I did to resolve the problem if I get it done before you do and would ask you to do the same.
Best regards,
Bebop

#304037 - 12/05/05 10:46 AM Re: DGX and USB problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi BEBOP,

Problem solved I believe.

It seems to be a fault with Windows XP SP2.

You need to edit the registry. Navigate to the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

If you look at the "midi1-9" keys you will see that they are all taken up probably with the same driver. There seems to be a driver limit and Windows will not allow any more drivers even if all 10 drivers listed are the same driver! Delete one, exit the registry and uninstall then reinstall the Yamaha USB Driver and you will find you will be up and running.

Hope this works for you. It worked fine for me.

Cheers,

Ben, North Devon

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI BEN,
YOu have the same problem that I have. I have been sidetracked for a couple of weeks and have not worked on this problem anymore. I hope to get back to it this week coming and hope for a resolution. I have tried all the drivers from 2.1.13 that came on the floppy through 2.1.16 from Yamaha.
The 13 driver loaded first time into my laptop so it has to be a conflict in my desktop.
I will let you know what I did to resolve the problem if I get it done before you do and would ask you to do the same.
Best regards,
Bebop

#304038 - 12/06/05 08:11 AM Re: DGX and USB problem
BEBOP Offline

thanks Ben for this info. I will try it later on today and report back, as I know of other people also having this problem, and yet others are not. Go Figure.
Bebop

#304039 - 12/06/05 12:40 PM Re: DGX and USB problem
BEBOP Offline

HI BEN,
You nailed it right on. I followed your direction and the problem is now gone and I have the driver installed and working.
Thank you a bunch. I owe you and so does Yamaha. Their Tech couldn't offer any solution other then it was my computer settings.
Best to you,
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online