SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303943 - 11/28/05 05:52 AM Tyros 2 and XP 64 bit drivers
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Does anyone know on here if the USB driver supplied by Yamaha and the editing software will work on Windows 64 bit platforms?
I'm currently using XP pro but I have the 64 bit version that came with a new PC and I fancy installing this to take advantage of my dual processor and SLI setup, however music with me comes first, so I don't want to mess anything up just for the sake of playing the latest games a high resolutions.
Any ideas appreciated.

#303944 - 11/28/05 07:07 AM Re: Tyros 2 and XP 64 bit drivers
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Mark
Unless you specified the 64bit Windows when ordering, it is unusual for it to be installed on a new PC. (Unless you are a developer or Network Technician etc, it has no advantage over the Standard 32 bit Windows XP Pro)
Also 64 bit drivers for most peripherals are pretty limited at the current time, so it is unlikely that one is included with the Tyros. (Particular as the Tyros 2 is still using P3 technology)
Point to note. The Standard 32 bit Windows XP has full support for Dual core processors and SLI.
Hope this helps.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online