SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#303724 - 01/04/08 11:01 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
BEBOP, it's so nice toknow that someone else had the same frustrations with the Roland OS. You are absolutely right that the manual and even friends can only help you so much. By the time I got comfortable with the OS I sold my G70. Now I'm considering an E-60; I may be a little crazy to go that route again, but we'll see.

#303725 - 01/04/08 11:36 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Cass,
I think this is one of the greatest machines ever designed and built but it will take us years to get to the bottom of everythihg it can do. I am just blown away as I learn more and more new things to do with this board. The samples are awesome as are the styles and there are now a ton of good styles available free on the web sites.
So go for it and we will master them together.
Bill/Bebop

#303726 - 01/04/08 01:17 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roland Rules..

#303727 - 01/08/08 09:19 PM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One thing to be aware of is that if you put these styles into Card memory, it is likely that the associated UPS was written for them when they were in Internal, so you'll get a 'File not found' error.

Another thing to be aware of is that, prior to OS3, the OTS settings were stored in the UPS, NOT in the style data itself. If these are older OS2 era styles, even though they are the same as new ROM styles, your E80 won't read the OTS settings. OS3 G70 styles should be no problem...

BTW, if you want to try these styles out in your Internal memory, but don't want to delete them manually, first backup your entire E80 memory to computer, load in the new styles to Internal, audition, then restore your pre-G70 style data. Voilá! Back to square one!

Most of these Internal/External UPG and Style issues are easily fixed by using the Session Manager software, which has the ability to change where a UPG looks for the style, etc..

Hope this helps (a bit!)...

#303728 - 01/09/08 09:37 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

Diki,
I would say it helped a lot. this makes more sense then anything I have seen posted anywhere so far. Thank you for taking the trouble to be specific about this problem.
While I am writing here, I want to commend you for the posts you make througout this forum. You are always to the point and on the mark, being helpful to those that pay attention.
I used to sometimes think you were a little abrasive but I have come to conclude that is the frustration of dealing with all the big egos here that are of so little help to anyone, and only post to continue to feed those big egos.
It would be so great to see this forum get back to the respect, help, and fellowship it USED to provide when I came here about 8 years ago.
I wonder if this can or will ever happen?
Thanks to all that try to make it happen.
Bebop

#303729 - 01/09/08 11:46 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Fran Carango Offline

As the quote from Taxi Driver.....Bill..."are you talking to me"?..

#303730 - 01/09/08 11:48 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
BEBOP Offline

Fran, no I am not talking about you. You always seem to try to be pretty helpful and we all appreciate that.
Best to you,
Bebop

#303731 - 01/09/08 11:54 AM Re: Cant seem to get G70 styles and upg into E80
Fran Carango Offline

I am just kidding!!!

I recently watched a re run of that movie, and trying out the famous statement ..every chance I get..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 01-09-2008).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online