SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#303587 - 04/13/02 07:59 PM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
SeadooGsx Offline

Loc: Tampa,FL,USA
I don't know my problem with Roland G-800 or the way Roland write manual book and even I bought the video manual too. Everytime I come back to G-800 and have problem with manual step into the drum part and the bass part. Anyone, please give me a tip to work on my G-800 with manual drum and bass part. I have a litle express from my personal to Roland product now. The way they program their software of G-800 is so hard. Frankly, I don't have any problem of my Korg and Yamaha from the start out of the box. It's frustrated with Roland. Thanks

#303588 - 04/15/02 08:43 AM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
BlueSuede Offline

Itīs funny! Some people (me for instance) have no problem at all with Roland G-series, and some people (my father for instance) gets tired in just a couple of minutes wondering who the h... has designed this shit!

I just love to work with it and I can do anything I want (almost) while my daddy barerly can find the power swich.

Maybe youīre no G-man SeadooGsx .

Anyhow, her is a link to some good styles for your G-800.
http://www.roland.dk/Drivers/styles/G-800_1000%20EM-2000.zip

Regards, Michael

#303589 - 04/15/02 10:40 AM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
SeadooGsx Offline

Hi BlueSuede

Maybe I'm not G man for sure, but I'm not give up easy like that with G-800. Frankly, I kick my G-800 few time ( hihihiii just got mad ). Yesterday, I sit down and say that I'll have patient with G-800 again, and I did make Drum and bass part ( not the step in note by note enter ) I find that , G-800 only allow you to arase track in the individual such as In + End, Basic Ad Maj, etc.. Why don't Roland write sofware that I can arase all in 1 step that can save time ? And can you show me how to arase the part of instrument in drum which I don't like such as :
After I put bass drum in, and then snare, and then hihat ( G-800 only has 1 ADR track for drum ), but I don't like hihat, I want to change hihat, I have to arase all the ADR drum part which include bass frum, snare, and then hihat. That is not good logic of writing sofware or I'm wrong correct me. Thanks

#303590 - 04/16/02 12:25 AM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
BlueSuede Offline

Youīre quite right that it is very time consuming to edit tracks when you have to make it in every variation. Roland should have made it easier!

You can also only use one drumtrack. And this track can only use one pre made drumset. And you canīt edit the drum sets very much. This can of course be somewhat limited.

But you can do some things in microscope edit mode.

Good luck!

Michael

#303591 - 04/16/02 12:30 PM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
SeadooGsx Offline

Yes, I did go to Micro edit, and change , arase some part of drum I don't like. The hardest part is make the bass ( guitar ), and accomp similar to the song I want. I hard. The bass is hard to do sound as the same as bass player in the song. Do you have any tip or idea to do bass and accomp part ? . IT took me all weekend try to make the bass sound like the song but I can't. Thanks

#303592 - 04/17/02 02:28 AM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
BlueSuede Offline

I havenīt rally made any style from scratch. (Just a few for fun - but nothing worth saving.) But I have made a lot of tweaking of existing styles - mainly from other arranger companies.

The most time for this I spend in micro- mode. But I sometimes use other edit modes, for instance when I edit drumtrack of Ketron styles. Then I can delete or transpose that weird sounding note in all variations at the same time, etc.

If you want to create a track from scratch, the micro mode is very difficult to use. Itīs better to do a real time recording of the track, and afterwords edit it in micro or any other mode.

Iīm not sure this is what you asked, but this was the answer you got .

Did you by the way download the styles in one of my previous postings? There are some really hot ones!

Michael

#303593 - 04/17/02 11:42 AM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
SeadooGsx Offline

Thanks you for your reply. Yes, I find out that make the drum track from the scratch in the Micro is very hard because Roland G-800 use number to replace the note such as 120 = quarter note. I don't know some styles from the link you mention about. So , could you please to lead me to the link so I can down load the styles for my Roland G-800. Thanks

#303594 - 04/18/02 02:03 AM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
BlueSuede Offline

The link is http://www.roland.dk/Drivers/styles/G-800_1000%20EM-2000.zip

This file contains 111 styles for G-series and many of them are very good.

To open this file you need a program called "winzip". This program is available in freevare version on the net.

When you opened the file, you just have to let winzip copy the styles you want to a floppy and voilā! you can use it on your G-800.

Michael

#303595 - 04/18/02 01:51 PM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
SeadooGsx Offline

Thank you for give me the link. I'll down load and try it. Then I post for result. Any way, I almost done the style I work now. After working with style on G-800 I find out that it's very detail in style if I spend lot of time to the detail the song would become great. I have question ? Can I copy the drum part of Basic Or to Adv Or ( in the user style ) ? bacause I find out that if I make the drum part of BAsic Or and then go to Adv Or, I have to make it again. I know that I have option do drum part as Basic = Adv Or = Va. Any tip on copy part to part in user style mode. I start getting interest to this G-800 now. Thanks for your help so far.

#303596 - 05/04/02 11:09 PM Re: Roland G-800 ??????
SeadooGsx Offline

I have had experienced my G800 so far, and find out that it's great keyboard. It has lot of feature which I can do detail of the style I want ( of course I can not do exactly to the specific song I want ). But, my question is Why Roland who made G-800 doesn't make the middle part of the song. I mean G-800 offers Intro and Ending part which you can program exactly to the song you want, but why don't they make the middle part of the song, so you can use lead guitar to play along with that part. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online