SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303384 - 03/18/07 10:02 AM F3 key on the Fantom X8
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Our church has a Fantom X8 that is only a few months old and the F3 (function?) key won't respond. Being a Technics player, I couldn't help the player except to tell her to try an onboard reset - which didn't help the problem. The keyboard is still under warranty so it will be returned to the dealer, but that would leave them without a keyboard until repairs are finished. Can anyone tell me about the F3 key and is there a way to fix it without a trip to the repair shop? Any help would be appreciated. I can be reached throught the Technics forum, also. Thanks.....BW

#303385 - 03/30/07 09:45 AM Re: F3 key on the Fantom X8
Bud Whipple Offline

Well, it's been almost two weeks since I posted this question, and not one answer or reply. Guess nobody checks this forum anymore. What a shame! The synthzone is the best place on the net for keyboard players, but I suppose Roland players are a dying breed. Too bad.

#303386 - 03/30/07 09:58 AM Re: F3 key on the Fantom X8
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bud, maybe a dislodged button contact..3 months old, your dealer should fix it under warranty..

#303387 - 04/05/07 03:26 PM Re: F3 key on the Fantom X8
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bud, this is also a Roland ARRANGER forum. I don't even know what the F3 button is or does.....

SZ have a Roland SYNTH forum, where you might get a more informative reply. Best of luck.

#303388 - 04/08/07 11:06 AM Re: F3 key on the Fantom X8
Bud Whipple Offline

According to Roland, the Fantom X8 is an arranger keyboard. Top of the line arranger keyboards have sampled (true) sounds along with a variety of synthetic sounds. In any case, the keyboard came alive all on its own, and the F3 key is once again functional. Maybe it was caused by a brownout, who knows. I agree with Fran, it should still go back to the dealer for a checkup to find the cause.

Diki, I see you're from Florida. We are in Leesburg, northwest of Orlando, south of Ocala. SmileyCentral.com

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 04-08-2007).]

#303389 - 04/27/07 08:37 PM Re: F3 key on the Fantom X8
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Bud, but Roland call the FantomX a 'Workstation', NOT an arranger. It has virtually no chord recognition, auto-accompaniment, or most of the other features that make up an arranger. But many of it's sounds can be found in the G70 or E80, Roland's 'real' TOTL arrangers.

I live in the Destin area in the Panhandle. Give me a shout if you come through...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online