SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3039 - 05/29/02 03:46 PM Re: Attack of the Clones or Attack of the Clowns?
Soft Machine Offline

I agree Stalker

i'll add this too

How many times can we stand hearing the word "MASTER" in Ep 2. They say it like hundred times.

I hate the whole "ANNI" thing too...awful. Not once did we hear Lukey or Hanny-baby in the 1st trilogy. There were lots of young kids who saw the original movies and it never got to that childish level (although the political sub-plots are quite complex for young minds)

ahh, I hated the scene where Yoda teaches a bunch of kids. Drilled since birth, like nazis!

I thought they're was too much parallels with the situation in THEIR world is and ours
with the whole Democracy thing
**ANNI : "the system doesn't work" duh

Im probably missing a couple of other things.

But the real surprise and what made me smile was seeing the actor who plays JANGO ( its JAKE from ONCE WERE WARRIORS)
Seeing him again made me forget all the faults the movie had

Anywhos,
Good Film, Great Story but Sorry Acting

#3040 - 05/29/02 09:29 PM Re: Attack of the Clones or Attack of the Clowns?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Stalker:
[B]Darth Vader knows him (he's the husband of his mother)
Owen doesn't know C-3PO in "Star Wars", but in Ep.II he worked with him. B]

OK-One at a time:

1) Owen is NOT the husband of Anakin's Mother, he is her SON.(just as Anakin is.)
EP IV clearly showed that Owen and Vadar had some history, although it was not defined at that time. I suspect we'll see more in the next chapter. Obi-Wan is gonna be the cause of most of what ails Vadar. Maybe that's what ages him so fast. It's the aggression....the fighting. See what it did to Yoda???

2) re: droids
Droids are not "that" personal to these people. They are like hammers and saws to us. A robatic tool that someone had as a teenager would have little sentimental value to a grown man, I think. (just a guess)
A droid's a droid ... no one cares what the name is.

3) These episodes are new scripts, but old story lines. If they were strong enough to stand on their own, Lucas could have sold them all in 1977, but the simple truth is - the movie studio did not want to take a chance on a loooooong saga that "might" not even sell. They asked George to start with the strongest story, one that could hold it's own.
The CGI's and the little anomolies don't bother me at all. I'm a fan.....a REAL fan. I love the story line, the suspense, and the "whatever is next".
Stop trying to be a "backseat director" and enjoy what can only be classified as "The epic fantasy of our time".
Sequals rarely measure up to the originals, and Lucas proved THAT theory wrong with "Empire" (my favorite).... and as for Yoda and the light sabre .........
Don't even GO there.
That is one BAD, green little dude.

My 25 yr old son and I have had this story to enjoy for his WHOLE life. He was barely a year old when he saw the first movie, and it's still a big thrill for him and his pals. (AND his Dad!) I will be there on opening day in 2005 to watch the thrill continue. I love this stuff.

#3041 - 05/30/02 04:29 AM Re: Attack of the Clones or Attack of the Clowns?
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

1) Owen is NOT the husband of Anakin's Mother, he is her SON.

Believe me: I knew this, but I was searching quite a long time for the word husband that I forgot to write "his father was her husband". Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
EP IV clearly showed that Owen and Vader had some history, although it was not defined at that time.

Yes, You are right. But I believe that in "Star Wars" originally Vader really killed Anakin. That he was NOT Lukes father. And Owen knew Anakin but not Vader (who at that moment was not the same person as Lukes father). My opinion.

#3042 - 05/30/02 10:35 PM Re: Attack of the Clones or Attack of the Clowns?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Stalker:
I believe that in "Star Wars" originally Vader really killed Anakin. That he was NOT Lukes father.

Hmmm, interresting view. I'll ask my son if he read anything that would confirm or disprove that thought. According to him, these scripts have been pretty close to the books so far. Anything is possible.

#3043 - 05/31/02 01:09 PM Re: Attack of the Clones or Attack of the Clowns?
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi!
It's just that it seems to me that at the beginning there was only existing "Star Wars". The book (written by Alan Dean Foster, NOT George Lucas - HE had the idea and wanted Foster to write it in a good style and his name is printed on it) was before the films. And the original second book was named "Skywalkers Rueckkehr"(Rueckkehr=Return), also written by Foster. That story has nothing to do with "The Empire Strikes Back", it's just Luke, Leia and Darthi (as far as I've read it now). All I want to say is that the story has expanded, by far not everything was thought at the beginning. And so it may be that Darth and Anakin were not everytime the same person.

I think in the book "Return of the Jedi" was mentioned that Owen was Obi-Wan's brother. In the new episodes it doesn't seem so. Owen lives on Tatooine and Obi-Wan didn't even know that planet in Ep.1.

I've seen the three originals again yesterday. Be serious: compared to those masterpieces the new "Episodes" (how I hate this name) are only silly shit.

By the way: in the german "MAD"-magazine it's named "Pepsidose 1" (Pepsican1) instead of "Episode 1" . There was a lot of merchandising with Pepsi, right?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online