SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302739 - 07/17/06 08:22 AM Stupid GW-7 Question
fishmanrod Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
OK boys, I'm a bass player who's doing a little keyboard on the side, so be patient. How do you get the chord intellegence feature on a GW-7 to work? Roland support just does not seem to get what I am asking. I'm no dummy, and I followed the manual to a t, and I cannot get a chord to sound when I play one note. Help? What am i missing?

Cheers!

#302740 - 07/17/06 10:34 AM Re: Stupid GW-7 Question
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chord mode on the GW-7 is the same as Arranger chord recognition on other Roland arrangers..The intelligent mode simply reads the arranger recognition with easier fingering...Performance function, chord function, mode1...

I think you were thinking this to be the same as chord play on Roland's workstation.. where you can assign a chord and play with a single key..

#302741 - 07/17/06 11:25 AM Re: Stupid GW-7 Question
fishmanrod Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Chord mode on the GW-7 is the same as Arranger chord recognition on other Roland arrangers..The intelligent mode simply reads the arranger recognition with easier fingering...Performance function, chord function, mode1...

I think you were thinking this to be the same as chord play on Roland's workstation.. where you can assign a chord and play with a single key..

So that means it just tells me what chord makes sense (on the display), it doesn't PLAY a chord when I touch one note, right? Well, that sucks! I bought it because that was one of the features I liked....spend and learn, I guess, and thanks for the help! What sort of dollars do I have to spend to get such a feature?

Cheers!

#302742 - 07/18/06 09:35 AM Re: Stupid GW-7 Question
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Fran's right. Sounds to me like you're looking for what Roland has. It's called Chord Memory. There are presets and user settings.

The cheapest Roland synth that has "Chord Memory" is the Roland Juno-D. It's just a basic synth, but it does have the function you're looking for. The next model up from that would be the Juno-G.

You may be able to find a used Roland RS-50 or RS-70 too. The 50/70 are essentially the same synth, but the RS-70 adds a 16 tracks 100,000 note "pattern" sequencer.

The Juno-D runs: $595.00

The Juno-G runs: $999.00

Used RS-50/70 runs: $400.00-$550.00

Also keep in mind these are synths. The GW-7 is an arranger. I can't think of any arranger (current available models) that has the Chord Memory.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-18-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online