SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#30254 - 04/19/03 01:19 AM Re: SD1 Rel 4.0 - some polyphony observations
Luka Online   content

Loc: Slovenia
Ketron support is unique! It should be an example to every manufacturer in the world.
Luka

#30255 - 04/19/03 01:51 AM Re: SD1 Rel 4.0 - some polyphony observations
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Dear AJ, I have to accept that I was overreacting.
But I can explain. Now, after 5 months of daily XD3 using, I can say that this machine is a very good concept and a handy tool if it only works well!
What's the use of those great sounds if the poliphony is very easily maxed out? I really love the Precision bass and the drums and many other sounds, but when the bass line is droping notes even when I play in bass & drums mode, this really drives me crazy. Not to mention the other problems I have that I've been posting many times and NOBODY in the team helped me:
1. I cannot save modified midi filters
2. I cannot save user drum sets
3. The keyboard crushes in the middle of the song and need to reboot and some times shows the "I/O disk error" message, that freezes the module for some long seconds.
Please belive me AJ that I was looking for your email address but I did not find it. I finnaly understand that you are just too busy to work on all the Ketron products at the same time. You have to fix 4.0 for SD1, some problems in XD3/9 as well and of course the new 4.0 for X1. Only for one person, is way to much!! Is so pitty that Ketron does not invest some more in the programing section. They should hire more enginears.
I will continue to suport Ketron products because I like the ideea, but I need a reliable machine.
Yours! Flavie

#30256 - 04/19/03 02:23 AM Re: SD1 Rel 4.0 - some polyphony observations
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Yes Luka you're right!! I totaly agree that Ketron support is unique! And that's they're only chance to compete with the big sharks. The diference is that is that the big sharks do not seem to listen to the users opinnion but produce top RELIABLE keyboards. Ketron is a new brand that realy needs our suport! I've been to Japan and China with my XD3 and NOBODY heard of Ketron. In Europe is almost the same situation, and even if some heard of Ketron, they don't want to take the risk. Here in China a lot of good musicians come to my venue and asked me about this new brand and I was very happy to impress them with my performances. Yes XD3 is a very good ideea but so far not very reliable. That's why Ketron is offering such unique support, looking for our suport in the same time. I wish Ketron to became THE BIGEST arranger manufacturer in the world! But stil; only one person who does all the programing??????
Happy Easter! Flavie

#30257 - 04/27/03 01:35 PM Re: SD1 Rel 4.0 - some polyphony observations
Luka Online   content

Loc: Slovenia
Hey, Flavie,
I'm a little late, somehow I missed your last post.
I must agree with you to some extend, I just feel I'm a bit more patient than you, probably I perform less, and from all the good keyboards SD1 suits me the most and my experience with Ketron is that I trust them a lot.
I hope your problems to be solved soon!
Luka

[This message has been edited by Luka (edited 04-27-2003).]

#30258 - 04/28/03 11:05 PM Re: SD1 Rel 4.0 - some polyphony observations
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The fact that Ketron_AJ, an official representative of the Ketron company, moderates this online forum indicates their dedication to their user base. AJ answers all questions directly which is much more than you will get from ANY other keyboard company online. He is the best source of Ketron information that you can find. The only other company which has a respresentative responding on the Synth Zone BBS is Yamaha.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online