SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302491 - 06/13/07 11:28 AM E 80 Update Software
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hi All,
Yesterday, I sent out the Version 1.06 update for the E 80 to my Email list members. I don't know if it is also for the E 50 and E 60. Perhaps someone can or will tell us about that.
I didn't get a list of changes with the update and so far haven't noticed anything different except that I had to reset the sound system to get it back to where it was.
I have now installed the PCMCIA Adapter and the San Disk Compact Flash card That is Extreme III and 1.0 GB. It is fast at 20MB/sec ==133X.
I got them at Fry's Electronics store. They also have a web store. The Adapter was 10 bucks and the Compact Flash was 40 bucks.
Now all I need is a case and a bunch of footswitches or the FC7 foot switch.
I hope Jann is up to being my roadie for this 50 pound keyboard plus periphereals It is a long trip from the studio to the back bedroom in the Motorhome
How are you all doiing with your new Rolands. Let us hear from you.
We have several of you on our email list now. Anybody else that wants to be on the Roland E and G email list just drop me a line.
Best to all,
Bebop

#302492 - 06/13/07 02:08 PM Re: E 80 Update Software
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
BEBOP

I received the update but am going to wait to install it for a few days. Thank you very much for providing it.

Regarding cases, I am using an old ProTec (without wheels) that I originally bought for my KN7000. Based on the internal dimensions of the case, it should not work for the E80, being about an inch short in length, an inch short in width, and not really quite deep enough. However, it works like a charm if you put the E80 in with the thick end (back end of the keyboard) toward the zipped side of the case. This is backwards from the way you would normally place a keyboard in the case. It is a tight fit, but actually works great, providing good protection. Since it has no wheels, I find it convenient to move it around with a standard hand truck.

I did a quick search on Google for ProTec cases, hoping I might find this model, but had no luck. I guess the message is try some cases that are close to right dimensions, even if they seem to be slightly small.

One final note is that one of the keyboard case suppliers I found on line the other day listed no cases that fit the E80.

I am anxious to hear what other folks are using for this beast.

#302493 - 06/13/07 02:14 PM Re: E 80 Update Software
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have the KN7000 case so I might try it.
I was thinking about the Yamaha Flight case for the tyros 2. there are a lot of removable padding inserts in it. I might be able to get it in that one. I will try it too before I run out to buy one.
Thanks for the info.
PS: I saw on the Roland-arranger forum somewhere what the v 1.06 was about. I should have copied it but it was realy late and i was headed for bed so I didn't. Maybe someone would be kind enough to copy it to here
Best,
Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online