SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#311492 - 01/08/11 08:40 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Very cool look, thanks Nigel.

#311493 - 01/08/11 08:58 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Nigel]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
I am playing around with colors at the moment. If you select the UUBBThreads-sz from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page to be your color scheme you will see it is moving toward the colors we used to have. But you can choose the color scheme that best suits you now so play around with it.

I have also fixed the upload avatar feature so if you had tried to do that but it didn't work give it another try.

Thanks for this wonderful upgrade, it will be awesome! As for colors... I am pretty sure that usability studies have proven that the vast majority of viewers do not like light text on a dark background for something that they are going to be reading alot... that in the long-term, their eyes tire of such... that black text on white background is the most preferred color scheme. (If it's a short page and something you won't view a lot, not that big of a problem.) Now, whatever you had in the past did work for me. But, I, for one, do not care for this light text on dark background.

Thanks again! Contemporary features that we get used to with other software... helps!

Edited by SemiLiveMusic (01/08/11 08:59 AM)

#311496 - 01/08/11 09:34 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bill, go to My Stuff (at the top), select edit preferences, then select 'ubb_stock' as 'your preferred style sheet'...

Oh, and don't forget to hit 'Submit' at the bottom!

Edited by Diki (01/08/11 09:35 AM)

#311498 - 01/08/11 10:07 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Nigel,

Everything looks wonderful except the dark grey print on the dark green backbround is difficult to see.

Love the new Synthbbs Nigel GREAT JOB!

Edited by LindaFus (01/08/11 10:40 AM)

#311500 - 01/08/11 10:25 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Kewl look! Nice new features too! Thanks so much Nigel!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#311503 - 01/08/11 10:56 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Diki]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Bill, go to My Stuff (at the top), select edit preferences, then select 'ubb_stock' as 'your preferred style sheet'...

Oh, and don't forget to hit 'Submit' at the bottom!

Thanks, I got the dark print on light background now!

Nigel... one of the most aggravating things about the old forum was that when you clicked on a thread, it would not remember what you had read and it would automatically take you to the first post. Which you may have read a long time ago... you don't need to read all of those posts over and over. I use another forum that uses the same software as this and when he did an upgrade (over a year ago), it then remembered and took you to the new posts. Can you configure this as such? (With other software that I see on other forums, there is an icon near the thread title that you can click on to take you to the first unread posts... software such as vBulletin.)

Or have I missed some way to do this on my end?

#311505 - 01/08/11 11:11 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
Bachus Offline

@Nigel : thumbs up

Finally the website is ready for the new decenium... I like it, it looks good and its colors are different enough from all those other forums to warrant its own identity.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#311506 - 01/08/11 11:45 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Nigel you Da Man! Thank you for your great efforts!!

Love the colors reminiscent of the old

Good Luck

Edited by Dnj (01/08/11 11:48 AM)

#311508 - 01/08/11 11:56 AM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Dnj]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Look great.

Best wishes
Jørgen

#311509 - 01/08/11 12:14 PM Re: Welcome All to the Newly Updated SZ Forum! [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nigel ... to say "THANK YOU" seems insignificant ... we cannot THANK YOU enough ...
So good to see S-Z back 'on the air' ...

I agree with chas about the pages being longer, and with Bill (Semi Live) about starting at our own most recently read reply ... Also, I would like to see the print a little larger for these tired old eyes ... guess I will have to try to fool around with that? wink ...

But "I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!"

lets try to keep things 'nice and friendly' at least for a few hours smile ...
t. cool

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online