SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#302200 - 01/02/11 12:43 AM Re: KORG KRONOS
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jamman:
That's a Roland JW 50.I used to have one.

BUSTED !!

#302201 - 01/02/11 03:54 AM Re: KORG KRONOS
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
The PA3 will be the follow-up to the PA2.

The Kronos is the new Oasys imho...but instead of the huge price tag of the last one, I think it will be priced at around the same price-point as the Motif XF series.

I think they will at NAMM or later in the year also release a "cut-down" version in the form of an M4 or similar....

I would not hold out for it having Karma though (well not Stephen Kays Karma anyhoo) as he (SK) and Korg had a major falling out last year I believe. Not SK's fault and initiated by Korg, but a sort of parting of the ways, so to speak.

So unless they have reconciled, no Karma.

Just my 2c

When i asked steven Kay a few months ago, if there was a new Korg Project interfering with KARMA 3.0 for openlabs all he could say was no comment, but he was still on good standings with KORG back then..

KORG has payed much of the development of KARMA and have the non exclusive right to build it intoo any workstation they want, even changing things to their liking if they want to. Steven Kay has the rights to sell KARMA technollogy to any developer he wants tough...

I have been following KARMA technollogy very close but this is the first time someone mentions that KORG and Kay have parted ways.

Where did you get that info?

I would be surprised if the Kronos being an upgrade to the Oasys would not have KARMA 3.0 or an evolved KORG made version of it on board.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online