SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#302169 - 01/01/11 02:22 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
124 Offline

Hi Gary. The boxnet file opened ok. Yep, I hear the hi-hat thing, too. Can you do the song a few keys higher? Sounds ok as is, but I just feel the vocals would project better or give it a bit more punch, if sung in a higher key.

#302170 - 01/01/11 03:53 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'll give it a shot in a higher key later tonight. Keep in mind that I have a bullfrog voice--not down there with the Oakridge Boys, but I can belt out Elvira pretty good. I'll post a link when the song is finished.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#302171 - 01/01/11 04:35 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
travlin'easy Offline

I just tried recording a couple half-steps higher using the same technique and the Zoom H2, it was a bit distorted and I'll have to work on it again when I get some free time--maybe tomorrow.

Also, I listened to the style file's high hats, ran the style through the keyboard's Style Creator program, quantized the drum kit, but nothing changed. I'm not hearing something that's out of timing--just a different high-hat than traditional. Maybe it's a bit more bluesy sounding--I just don't know because I can barely hear it--even with headphones.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-01-2011).]

#302172 - 01/01/11 04:37 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I just tried recording a couple half-steps higher using the same technique and the Zoom H2, it was a bit distorted and I'll have to work on it again when I get some free time--maybe tomorrow.

Gary

Mixcraft

#302173 - 01/01/11 05:02 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
travlin'easy Offline

I've got some latency problems with this computer Donny, otherwise I would have used mixcraft the first time around. Gotta' upgrade this 9 year old computer sometime soon, but right now my priorities for the current income is to dump the money into getting the new sailboat ready for spring.

Gary

#302174 - 01/01/11 05:08 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I've got some latency problems with this computer Donny, otherwise I would have used mixcraft the first time around. Gotta' upgrade this 9 year old computer sometime soon, but right now my priorities for the current income is to dump the money into getting the new sailboat ready for spring.

Gary

ok good luck ............

#302175 - 01/01/11 06:55 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
I'm not hearing something that's out of timing--just a different high-hat than traditional.

Gar, the problem is with the drum note heard during the song's first measure count-off. During the count off it's 'in time', but immediately after that (:05-:06 sec) it starts up again but at an entirely different 'tempo & groove' and completely out of sync with the song itself, and continues (tick tick tick tick tick tick) throughout the entire song! I suspect now you had your keyboard's metronome 'turned on' and had it playing at a different tempo while recording and accidentally recorded that 'metronome tick' too. Whatever it is, I had a few other pro musician friends listen & they clearly hear it too. - Scott

#302176 - 01/01/11 07:47 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
travlin'easy Offline

I think I figured it out--not the metronome though. It has an indicator light and on/off switch that I would instantly see. It has something to do with the program that was used to adjust the volumes.

Gary

#302177 - 01/02/11 04:23 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
travlin'easy Offline

I figured out the problem with the style file, reconfigured the style volumes and added new OTS settings. For those of you that downloaded the original style file, download this one and let me know if you can hear the difference. You can download the style file from the same location. click here

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-02-2011).]

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-02-2011).]

#302178 - 01/02/11 05:05 PM Re: Gary WTG on Black Velvet & Happy New Year !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I figured out the problem with the style file, reconfigured the style volumes and added new OTS settings. For those of you that downloaded the original style file, download this one and let me know if you can hear the difference. You can download the style file from the same location. click here

Gary

gary cannot download somethings wrong???.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online