Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#302138 - 12/31/10 02:19 PM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
JINX, man, that was totally awesome I enjoyed your other Youtube vids too. As an asian entertainer myself, it's particularly special to see fellow asians like yourself out there doing great stuff. You're a terrific singer, entertaining, and clever (loved the T-shirts slogans.

It would be great if you could share how you produced this. Did you shoot this 5x and then supperimposes it together? What hardware (camera, audio rec) and software (vid/audio editing) was used?

I'm forwarding a link to your vids to all my family and friends. JINX, Happy 2011 from San Francisco, Ca.

Come on, Scott! That's five different people! You know what they say: all Asians look alike. I'm kidding, of course. After all, I'm Asian myself and doesn't anyone look like me, thank goodness. But, hey Scott, you're as American as they come.

Regards

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang

#302139 - 01/01/11 02:11 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
hi dongggoi. I remember you posting some time before and i was so blown away with your voice and your music. although this video was just for fun its clear you have outstanding talent. Thank you so much for posting again and now i can list you youtube site as one of my favourites. Please please keep posting.

Taike is right. You are in myu opinion one of the most talented and versatile vocalists on synthzone

#302140 - 01/01/11 03:02 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
barnabymagic2 Offline

Loc: Wirral
Absolutely excellent. I sat there mesmerised. So wish I had vocals like you. I will have a look at your information about how you made it as I play around a little with video editing effects ( for fun only). Thanks for sharing it.

#302141 - 01/01/11 03:26 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
dongggoi Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS, USA
Thank you so much for all your kind words! The video effect is known as cloning....and you don't have to use a green screen as long as I don't overlap my other self. So I had to do some careful measurements to make sure that every "Jinx" did not take too much space in his jigging.

I blogged about it at http://www.jinxchin.com/wordpress

I basically shot myself 5 times.....although in practice I had to shoot myself a lot more than that...to get the takes right haha! Then later in my video editor (Vegas Video),the five "Jinxes" were composited together.

My real job right now has nothing to do with music at all.....so doing music is my way of staying sane!

Again....here's to an awesome 2011!

J I N X

#302142 - 01/01/11 04:53 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I am most impressed with your work. Also the website is excellent! Not many of this caliber on this forum.

Congrats!

Have a happy 2011!

#302143 - 01/01/11 06:08 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Super Job,
All happy 2011

Impuls

#302144 - 01/01/11 08:04 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
I'm Asian myself

Taike , man, and all this time I thought you were caucasian , married to an asian woman, with your family residing in Taiwan. Happy Lunar New Year Feb 3 to you and your family in advance. I'm 4th gen Chinese American so guess I'm American as the rest in this wonderfully diverse melting pot we call the USA.

#302145 - 01/01/11 11:50 AM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I don't know what's more impressive, your singing talent or your video/audio editing talent. Both are amazing, and thanks for sharing this New Year treat.
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#302146 - 01/01/11 12:56 PM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Taike , man, and all this time I thought you were caucasian , married to an asian woman, with your family residing in Taiwan. Happy Lunar New Year Feb 3 to you and your family in advance. I'm 4th gen Chinese American so guess I'm American as the rest in this wonderfully diverse melting pot we call the USA.

Scott, I am caucasian but have Chinese citizenship. In fact, I've spent 28 years in Taiwan (23 years as a citizen), 2 years in Laos vs. 20 years in my country of origin.

I'll be leaving for Taiwan on January 5. I love the pace of life, peace and tranquility, culture and traditions, and the unspoiled beauty of Laos. Oh, and I love my food hot, hot, hot!

Gong xi fa cai!

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 01-01-2011).]

#302147 - 01/01/11 01:15 PM Re: I did a video just for the heck of it
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:

Gong xi fa cai!

and 'Happy New Year' back to you too Taike.

note: in case anybody's curious, 'Gong xi fa cai' is a chinese traditional New Years greeting roughly translated, "Congratulations and be prosperous."

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online