Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#301901 - 01/01/11 02:36 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Lets jump ahead for a moment and make 2 very big assumptions.

1: If in the future it comes preloaded with Styles optimised for instant use out of the box.

2: If when OS 5.0 is released, Qranger offers full arranger functions.

Then... It could easily become as good an arranger as it already is a workstation and it should appeal to users of all levels.

OS 5.0 is on the way so lets wait and see on that one. As for ready made styles... I have a solution to that, but I have yet to decide if it's worth the effort.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-31-2010).]

i think those are two very big assumptions James although i wouild be more confident if you were formally involved in the project and not just contributing when you can.

However there is a third and probably more important assumption and that is that both the preloaded styles are well programmed (not like the junk that came on the MS previously when Dom blatantly sold it with pirated styles as the mother of all arrangers) and Qranger integrates seamlessly with the hardware or the operational manual is so well written you dont need to be a scientist to configure the board the way you want it to do what you want it to do.

WE have been here with the MS many many times before so forgive me if i have great reservations.

we had the same points or similar raised every year since 2002 . You were involved in the discussion yourself in 2009 and here we are again as regular as clockwork talking about the potential of the MS as an arranger.

I am not saying it cant happen but i am being honest (not negative) when i say that i will have to see it and hear it and probably play it before i believe it.

#301902 - 01/01/11 04:53 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I am impressed with any workstation that can also provide arranger abilities even if you do have to work at it yourself. As far as I know it is one of the only workstations available that offers this capability. Neither Roland, Korg or Yamaha offer a workstation that can also double as an arranger. I am not sure why they can't .... but they don't.

I use a Yamaha Motif which is a capable keyboard but it really sucks that it can't provide even simple arranger functions.

Don't be so critical of the MS unless you can cite the case of another workstation that provides better arranger capability.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-01-2011).]

#301903 - 01/01/11 05:52 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:

If the MS could have offered the "accepted standard" operations of an arranger - slash chord recognition, jazz chord recognition - break fills - then I certainly would have kept mine.

Dennis

Dennis Gotya,

You got rid of it!

If it's not good enough for Dennis it's not good enough for me and £4500 is a lot of £, $ or Euros. From what Splading is now intimating, I'm out! I don't know about the history of the MS but is history repeating itself. The only way to develop a product is have people buy it in good numbers, get them to keep it and tell the World how good it is! Is this is what's happening, don't look like it, and according to Spalding it's not even early days with the product. Why I bother to explain this to you I don't know, I'm not getting one, Spalding has totally convinced me now without doubt and Dennis dumping his has topped it all off. Even DonM still as his Audya, Happy New Year Don.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#301904 - 01/01/11 06:29 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Dennis Gotya,

You got rid of it!

If it's not good enough for Dennis it's not good enough for me and £4500 is a lot of £......

then if it's not what you want, don't buy it and stop bitching about it all and slagging people off, you people make it sounding as if Liontracs is stealing your money, which is ridicolous: you all spend £ 3500 on a Tyros 4 (or Audya 5 etc) and jump with joy like fools for one year, then Yamaha (or Ketron, etc) release a model that is either underdeveloped compared to the previous one (i.e. the upgrade isn't worth that money), or either they release a model that's entirely unrelated to the previous one and way more powerful.

The Liontracs is a true OPEN ENDED KEYBOARD, a true EXPANDABLE instrument, which won't became dated and obsolete within two to three years like the Tyros or the Audya!

For the record I really don't care if people 'buy it in good numbers', that's just like saying that you have no mind of your own and are incapable to choose for yourself and you need to follow the crowd like a good sheep.

Or ,worse, just talking and sitting around and talk out of the ass, like that guy from Netherlands, who seems to believe that the world should work according to his own expectations.

Grow up, people.

#301905 - 01/01/11 07:00 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
then if it's not what you want, don't buy it and stop bitching about it all and slagging people off, you people make it sounding as if Liontracs is stealing your money,

I have never said or done any such thing!!

Please do not make "broad-brush" generalised statements such as this. In all my comments re the MS, I have only EVER criticized (justifiable too imho) the arranger functions as being inadequate, and the user interaction and functionality as lacking.

As an open work-station sampler it has no peer. The only comparable keyboard in my view is the Oasys.

Economic practicalities were the ONLY reason that made it impossible for me to keep it and the PA2x.

Dennis

#301906 - 01/01/11 07:19 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi spalding.

Quote:
i think those are two very big assumptions James although i wouild be more confident if you were formally involved in the project and not just contributing when you can.

If things go to plan regarding a completely different opportunity presented to Lionstracs, my work might on something else could very well make it's way into all existing Lionstracs products.

So while I am making some very big assumptions, I've already got the upper hand here and the work I have already been doing puts me already far ahead of the game and in an excellent position.

I've been a very little busy bee

Quote:
However there is a third and probably more important assumption and that is that both the preloaded styles are well programmed (not like the junk that came on the MS previously when Dom blatantly sold it with pirated styles as the mother of all arrangers) and Qranger integrates seamlessly with the hardware or the operational manual is so well written you dont need to be a scientist to configure the board the way you want it to do what you want it to do.

Here's another assumption then.... Picture this..... A Yamaha QY 700 used to write styles. Connected to that is a KORG OASYS, one of the best sounding workstations on the face of the planet. The OASYS playing back the styles from the QY700, and it's own internal full digital re-sampling functions converting the style playing back into a wave file. Those wave files then running on the Meidastation as Audio Styles.

That's a very real option that is available to me right now..!!!! How do you think a Tyros 4 will compare to a KORG OASYS?. Hmmm.... interesting idea.

Quote:
WE have been here with the MS many many times before so forgive me if i have great reservations.
we had the same points or similar raised every year since 2002 . You were involved in the discussion yourself in 2009 and here we are again as regular as clockwork talking about the potential of the MS as an arranger.

Totally agree, but during that time the Mediastation has become the Ultimate flawless Workstation. So it's not like there was no development taking place. Assuming the new Qranger comes with the ability to be all that an arranger user needs, the only part missing is the content and someone to do the work.

Quote:
I am not saying it cant happen but i am being honest (not negative) when i say that i will have to see it and hear it and probably play it before i believe it.

I totally understand, but lets not forget all that history as we watched it grow into what is now the ultimate workstation. I say stick a pin in the arranger side of things and lets wait for OS 5.0. Everything else is already in place and there's quite a lot of development work going on elsewhere that could be of massive benefit if things pan out as hoped.

If not... it's still a fantastic workstation and it does already offer arranger functions advanced users can take advantage of to a certain point.

Regards
James

#301907 - 01/01/11 07:30 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/informat...4f7bf8f409712cb

http://www.midimel.com/

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 01-01-2011).]

#301908 - 01/01/11 01:59 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I have never said or done any such thing!!

Please do not make "broad-brush" generalised statements such as this. In all my comments re the MS, I have only EVER criticized (justifiable too imho) the arranger functions as being inadequate, and the user interaction and functionality as lacking.

As an open work-station sampler it has no peer. The only comparable keyboard in my view is the Oasys.

Economic practicalities were the ONLY reason that made it impossible for me to keep it and the PA2x.

Dennis

was I replying to you? No. Is your name Tony Hughes? Look up my reply again, I was replying to Tony Hughes. Nothing to do with you. What generalized comments? You didn't understand any of what I wrote.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 01-01-2011).]

#301909 - 01/01/11 03:07 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

I think your term "you people" coming immediately after both Tony's post and my post, with NO qualification, says it pretty clearly don't you?

If you have a gripe with a person (singular) then you must be specific and direct your comments to that one person.

Other wise terms like "you people" will always be taken to mean everyone!

#301910 - 01/01/11 03:10 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

And no, inserting the quote does not mitigate the comment.

Always remember in written communication one DOES need to be more specific, otherwise misunderstandings happen.

The same qualifications are usually not necessary in "face to face" communication.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online