SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#301808 - 12/30/10 12:28 PM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I got house shoes, sweat pants, an SD card, a cushion for the arm rest in my car, and a golf towel with my name on it.
we had a wonderful Christmas, with my wife, two of my sons, grandson and daughter-in-law.
I will be going to Oklahoma to visit my oldest son and his family in early January.
Susan and I agreed to only buy token gifts for each other, as we both already bought what we really wanted!
DonM

@ a cushion for the arm rest in my car...

Feeling young and feisty again, Don?

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang

#301809 - 12/30/10 12:52 PM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Donny, based on your recommendation and a few reliable reviews online, I purchased an EV N/D967 this morning. Thanks, I trust...

Cass WTG!... now go make great music as I know you will...you might have to adjust the little "ROLL OFF" switch on the side of the mic depending on your vocal tone for your preference also. On stage it's my choice for a vocal mic, my good friend Hank Bowman (RIP) turned me on to it at the Shreveport Jam and I never used another Mic again.....good luck & Happy New Year!

#301810 - 12/30/10 10:23 PM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
got a couple of great cook books.
Just what I need, all these scrumptious chocolate cake/dessert recipes. Not good for the waistline. haahaa

A $50 voucher for a hi fi store.

A new collectable teddy bear.

Upgrade to Band in a Box 2011. Luv it.

A heap of NI & Cakewalk softsynths.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#301811 - 12/31/10 07:04 AM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Rikki, just give up on all that hardware stuff.

Frank

#301812 - 01/01/11 02:08 PM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
note: I did mention I bought a few NI instruments. Took advantage of their 50% off sale, a few weeks ago. Got twice as many as I would have otherwise haahaa.

Not quite suitable for my OMB realtime arranger setup , but great for using with PG's Real Band sequencer & BIAB styles. It's not realtime, but , be handy for putting together mp3 backing tracks.

Can't quite do without my PA800 yet. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Rikki, just give up on all that hardware stuff.

Frank

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#301813 - 01/03/11 03:48 PM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
My EV N/D967 mic arrived today. I have to wait til Friday to give it a real tryout, but just testing it at home, it sounds just great. And the price was fantastic, from Boynton Music on eBay - just $135 delivered.

Thanks for the heads up, Donny.

#301814 - 01/03/11 08:44 PM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
124 Offline

Cass, we've been using EV n/d257B mics for the past five or six years, and they're really good bang for the buck. Nice response, and good in tight spots where feedback could be a problem for some mics. Physically, the collar around the base of the head of the mic has split on both of them which, if you're heavy handed in connecting the XLR cable, will push the innards forward a bit - not a huge problem if your mic is sitting in its stand all night and not being swung around in rockstar fashion. I don't somehow see you doing that, anyway.

#301815 - 01/04/11 04:57 AM Re: So, what was under the tree, guys?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
My EV N/D967 mic arrived today. I have to wait til Friday to give it a real tryout, but just testing it at home, it sounds just great. And the price was fantastic, from Boynton Music on eBay - just $135 delivered.

Thanks for the heads up, Donny.

Cass....Your veruy welcome, good luck it's a fantastic vocal Mic..I put the low end roll off switch to the left for my voice....so experiment which setting is good for you. Great price also....maybe I'l get another 3rd backup also.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online