SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#301700 - 12/25/10 05:14 AM Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.

Just a quick note to say that I've just released the Lionstracs VSTi files for the Sonicprojects - OP-X PRO-II plugin.

This is a big release.... every single bank is now supported. Lots and lots of sounds.
http://www.lionstracs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=143

Regards
James

#301701 - 12/25/10 07:39 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
OP-X-PRO...mmmmmmmmmm i use the VSTi extensively.

#301702 - 12/26/10 03:28 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Yeah, it's one of the best I've seen in a while. Lots of famous sounds come as presets too.

Regards
James

#301703 - 12/28/10 01:20 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
nice work james!
I think on OS 5.0 this all txt maps dont need anymore..
Hermann is develope the new VstHost for the LIONSTRACS OS that forward automatically the all sounds names on the patch!

Here also a new video with the MS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALVIO2hkNE

Happy new year to all you SZ guys!
Domenik

#301704 - 12/28/10 04:32 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
nice work james!
Hermann is develope the new VstHost for the LIONSTRACS OS that forward automatically the all sounds names on the patch!

Domenik

Hell Domenik,

What MS, I couldn't see it or hear it! Hells bells bring back the chap in the shorts

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-28-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#301705 - 12/28/10 04:34 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Thanks Domenico.

That would be great and extremely useful. Right now VSTHOST extracts the programs from the VSTi and it can export them as actual files. This is how I've been populating LSCP Gen without having to type in a single sound.

I wrote a script that scan's the folder VSTHOST exports to and LSCP Gen then pulls in all the names with a format condition so I can extract only the names of the sounds.

Having to not do this in the future would be great. It would also allow me to go back developing the program for the function it was originally designed for, dealing with LSCP files only.

Quote:

Very nice, a great performance.

Quote:

And to you too...!!!!

Hey, you might be interested in following this thread. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4366138#4366138
We just started talking about the Mediastation over there because of the OP-X Plugin and the files I made for all the banks.

Regards
James

#301706 - 12/28/10 05:41 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
nice work james!

Domenik

No Dom,

I have played it 6 times now, am I missing something, maybe it's not sending me to the right link.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#301707 - 12/28/10 06:04 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

You can't miss it Tony, the only keyboard you can see in the entire Video is the Mediastation.

Regards
James

#301708 - 12/28/10 06:09 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
You can't miss it Tony, the only keyboard you can see in the entire Video is the Mediastation.

Regards
James

You know what I mean and I know what you mean, thats all that matters James, wink wink nod nod!

#301709 - 12/28/10 06:13 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Regards
James

James what about the KB below the MS, GoYa!

#301710 - 12/28/10 06:16 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
You know what I mean and I know what you mean, thats all that matters James, wink wink nod nod!

..lol... Now I get ya.

#301711 - 12/28/10 07:01 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I can't explain it. For some reason, I just want to grab that female singer around the neck, wrestle her to the ground, and strangle the life out of her. That's how her whole demeanor, especially her singing, effects me. Does anyone else find her that annoying or is it just me?

chas

#301712 - 12/28/10 07:18 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I can't explain it. For some reason, I just want to grab that female singer around the neck, wrestle her to the ground, and strangle the life out of her. That's how her whole demeanor, especially her singing, effects me. Does anyone else find her that annoying or is it just me?

chas

he..he... Can't say she has that effect on me at all. I quite like the entire performance. She's very cute too.

About the only thing I would change if I had of been involved in directing the video is to ask her to be more natural. She is over expressing & over smiling everything. It's not natural. Nobody's that happy..lol. Well unless your one of the kids on “Barney”. That show is scrary, the kids are like aliens. Lol..

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-28-2010).]

#301713 - 12/28/10 07:54 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Quote:

She is over expressing & over smiling everything. It's not natural. Nobody's that happy..lol.

Regards
James

I think you nailed it. Especially if you add over singing.

chas

#301714 - 12/28/10 08:11 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

chas

Chas,

Come to think of it perhaps you are right, I had my eyes on the MS all the time, it took all my concentration, I never really noticed her, but yes watching it for a 10th time yes you are right. It was a bit like the chap with the shorts, I would have shot him easily. I don't know where Dom finds these videos from, it's because he can't find any that are any good demoing the MS cause there aren’t any. So we will just have to put up with it until he sells a few more and then someone learns own to play one. Overbearing she was!
I have only just noticed two guitarists and a drummer, what the hell do you want them for when you have a MS, you wouldn’t need them with an Audya. Maybe Dom will get wise to this one day! I doubt it!

Cheers Chas

#301715 - 12/28/10 08:14 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

She's very cute too.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-28-2010).]

Steady on James, the wife doesn't have access to your PC does she??

#301716 - 12/28/10 08:20 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Watch this just posted on SSZ Ketron a few minute ago, close your eyes and listen does he need 3 guitarists and a drummer.

No he's an Audya one man band!

And he's not trying to sell KBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF6045Q3xg

#301717 - 12/28/10 10:36 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Steady on James, the wife doesn't have access to your PC does she??

Ahh, the Wife doesn't mind. It's my Girlfriend who would have the biggest problem.

#301718 - 12/28/10 12:23 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Wow, must be something about the Mediastation. I want to strangle the girl, Tony wants to shoot the guy in the shorts ; I'd be careful doing those MS demo's if I were you James, someone may come after you next.

chas

#301719 - 12/28/10 12:45 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Wow, must be something about the Mediastation. I want to strangle the girl, Tony wants to shoot the guy in the shorts ; I'd be careful doing those MS demo's if I were you James, someone may come after you next.

chas

#301720 - 12/28/10 01:22 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Watch this just posted on SSZ Ketron a few minute ago, close your eyes and listen does he need 3 guitarists and a drummer.

No he's an Audya one man band!

And he's not trying to sell KBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF6045Q3xg

I don't think that would sell anything with just one song....there's good and bad in the Audya 5 it's how much your willing to live with, .....for your own needs.

#301721 - 12/28/10 01:35 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I don't think that would sell anything with just one song....there's good and bad in the Audya 5 it's how much your willing to live with, .....for your own needs.

Donny,

You know what I mean! There are 100s of good none prof videos out there of the Audya most people would be able to make their minds up based on those, not so sure about the MS and this video is more about everything else except the MS, the chap in the shorts was much better at displaying the MS, but alas not making it sound that good I would want to buy it. This one I don't think I could hear the MS., and see it well you've seen the video, what do you think. Donny am I being unfair or is this another chance missed, if I was manufacturing the MS I would be looking at a different way of selling it ?

#301722 - 12/28/10 01:45 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Donny,

You know what I mean! There are 100s of good none prof videos out there of the Audya most people would be able to make their minds up based on those, not so sure about the MS and this video is more about everything else except the MS, the chap in the shorts was much better at displaying the MS, but alas not making it sound that good I would want to buy it. This one I don't think I could hear the MS., and see it well you've seen the video, what do you think. Donny am I being unfair or is this another chance missed, if I was manufacturing the MS I would be looking at a different way of selling it ?

Tony lets face it ...rule of thumb don't buy a keyboard until you play it and see if it fits your needs...you can look at demos on you tube all you want, it will wet your whistle but hands on demos will save you heartache and aggravation & some money down the road if you have to return or sell it after the sale. It will be cheaper even if you have to travel a bit to try one too...good luck. At this point the open architecture of the Liontrac units & it's "continual improvements" to the OS really make sense vs buying a new KB every couple of years IMO..

#301723 - 12/28/10 02:12 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony lets face it ...rule of thumb don't buy a keyboard until you play it and see if it fits your needs...you can look at demos on you tube all you want, it will wet your whistle but hands on demos will save you heartache and aggravation & some money down the road if you have to return or sell it after the sale. It will be cheaper even if you have to travel a bit to try one too...good luck. At this point the open architecture of the Liontrac units & it's "continual improvements" to the OS really make sense vs buying a new KB every couple of years IMO..

Donny,

I agree with everything you have said, the problem is , where are you going to get your hands on a MS to try, hence you will never buy one! And that's my point, even a new car you would get a test drive!

#301724 - 12/28/10 02:44 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Quote:
At this point the open architecture of the Liontrac units & it's "continual improvements" to the OS really make sense vs buying a new KB every couple of years IMO..

That SHOULD be true, but so far has not proved to be the case when applied to ARRANGER keyboards. I think the problem is that no MAJOR manufacturer has taken that approach and THEY are the only ones with the resources necessary to pull it off. I think they realize that the costs involved in developing enough quality styles to satisfy the entire spectrum of potential arranger users and the relatively small size of that market, just makes it plain economically unfeasible. It's a lot cheaper to just make technical improvements to the existing arsenal. Frankly, I think Yamaha has developed the best BUSINESS model.

I think that the key to the 'failure' of the concept of 'open architecture' arrangers lies in the fact that it's a conflict of goals between open architecture developers and the average arranger user (especially the non-pro user). One envisions a system where YOU can do anything; the other wants the KEYBOARD to do everything for THEM. Never the two shall meet . I predict that this concept will NEVER be successfully implemented. JMO.

chas

#301725 - 12/28/10 05:40 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
I predict that this concept will NEVER be successfully implemented

I'm sure you and everyone else would agree that as a workstation and Daw it's already a fully implemented success. It's concept is perfectly in line with Workstation users needs and abilities.

It's as an Arranger there are a few problems to overcome. The first being that it currently comes with no styles preloaded. Even if that were to change in the future and the styles were made available, the end user still needs to be the type of person who would be comfortable with technology like this.

It's a very advanced piece of kit and it's not for everyone because of that.

Regards
James

#301726 - 12/28/10 09:24 PM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
I'm sure you and everyone else would agree that as a workstation and Daw it's already a fully implemented success. It's concept is perfectly in line with Workstation users needs and abilities.

It's as an Arranger there are a few problems to overcome. The first being that it currently comes with no styles preloaded. Even if that were to change in the future and the styles were made available, the end user still needs to be the type of person who would be comfortable with technology like this.

It's a very advanced piece of kit and it's not for everyone because of that.

Regards
James

James,

You are now getting close to the true of it all, if you are right the MS market is much smaller than we think, then why the hell is Dom making it in 4 colors and 8 different models, does he not know what you have just said above. Dom must have a lot of money or he knows something we don't. The MS has been around for 18 months, I don't know of anyone in the UK who as one and you are the only man on your island with one. Hell that's got to be a record; they may well become collector’s items. James, have you noticed that every musical instrument site has a side bar with the T4 in it, blue LEDs give it away!

PS if I try hard enough I can program my Audya to sound like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSjO-IzcHM&feature=related

Not cetain I can play it like this, this does come with styles.

#301727 - 12/29/10 03:49 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Quote:
PS if I try hard enough I can program my Audya to sound like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSjO-IzcHM&feature=related

Tony, as I listen to this video, the only words that come to mind are "golly, gee. It's wonderful". Capt. Russ is going to love it as much as I do.

Next time I play for the World Counsel on Aging, I think I'm going to spike my hair too - well, if I had any.

chas

#301728 - 12/30/10 12:32 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
here is a new video how someone crazy use the groove with VST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aoXo5Z89U
is recorded by Cell Phone... so..dont need comment about the audio quality..
Is just for see how they can run many different DAW application.

#301729 - 12/30/10 01:08 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony, as I listen to this video, the only words that come to mind are "golly, gee. It's wonderful". Capt. Russ is going to love it as much as I do.

Next time I play for the World Counsel on Aging, I think I'm going to spike my hair too - well, if I had any.

chas

Chas,

Did you really like it or are you taking the mickey, just wondered because the Bohm is a bit like the MS not many around but it is a finished product.

Tony

#301730 - 12/30/10 01:42 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
here is a new video how someone crazy use the groove with VST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aoXo5Z89U
is recorded by Cell Phone... so..dont need comment about the audio quality..
Is just for see how they can run many different DAW application.

Please Dom don't do this to us, have you not figured out yet what I am going on about. It's all going downhill, can you not find any good video of your product that would advertise it as something really worth buying, this is how other manufactures sell their products. We are all trying to help you even if you think not, I am not having a go at you, but you are right what you said the MS is not for me, I am not certain who it is for.

#301731 - 12/30/10 04:29 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Chas,

Did you really like it or are you taking the mickey.....

Tony

...taking the mickey.

chas

#301732 - 12/30/10 04:37 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
...taking the mickey.

chas

Chas,

Thanks, I won't post anymore tosh like that, I promise. Think on Chas it's not only me that posts tosh on SZ.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-30-2010).]

#301733 - 12/30/10 06:48 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Chas,

Thanks, I won't post anymore tosh like that, I promise.

Don't be silly, Tony. It's tosh like that reminds us that it wasn't a giant asteriod that caused the demise of the home organ.

Quote:
Think on Chas it's not only me that posts tosh on SZ.

And think goodness for that, Tony, else the place would be like a ghost town . Heck, if all the posters of tosh were banned, the only ones left would be me and Abacus.....well actually, just me.

chas

#301734 - 12/30/10 06:52 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
And think goodness for that, Tony, else the place would be like a ghost town . Heck, if all the posters of tosh were banned, the only ones left would be me and Abacus.....well actually, just me.

chas

Chas,

I never though of it that way, just be a minute I'll go and look for some more tosh.

Thanks Chas, BTW what KB, have you got?

#301735 - 12/30/10 07:41 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Thanks Chas, BTW what KB, have you got?

http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/Organs/Dutton/10778/Duttonorgan3-4portraitcoloradjLG.jpg

As you can see, I don't upgrade often. It's a little tough transporting to the gig but the sound is terrific.

chas

#301736 - 12/30/10 10:08 AM Re: Lionstracs VSTi Files - OP-X PRO-II
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Thanks Chas, BTW what KB, have you got?

http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/Organs/Dutton/10778/Duttonorgan3-4portraitcoloradjLG.jpg

As you can see, I don't upgrade often. It's a little tough transporting to the gig but the sound is terrific.

chas

[/B]

Chas,

You missed you way you should be on the stage, but not for too long. They played on of those at my Dads funeral!

Tony

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online