Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#301224 - 12/19/10 10:40 AM Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Just to jump back to the Tyros.
For anyone interested in importing samples, Extreme Sample Converter supports converting from many different formats to Tyros 2 format.

Once you get the data to Tyros 2 format you can use the normal free tools available to get the data to Tyros 4 format.

Anybody know if the upcoming version 4 of Extreme Sample Converter (currently in the works) will support 'direct conversion' to .UVN (Tyros 3 & 4 format)?

James, I just visited the Extreme Sample Converter website and see they've got a 50% off Xmas offer. When I add 'Extreme Sample Converter' to the shopping cart it comes up as $52.46 US dollars (37.50 Euro). Is this price 'after' the 50% off?

Also, anybody here familiar with or use " Sample Lord "? In addition to a stand alone edition, it's also offered as a bundle with "Extreme Sample Converter".

Because version 4 is due out for release soon, I'm also wondering how much will be charged to upgrade from 3.6 (current version ) to version 4.

I'm exploring the idea of converting akai/vst samples to Tyros 4, so advice & recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks.

#301225 - 12/19/10 11:02 AM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
James, I just visited the Extreme Sample Converter website and see they've got a 50% off Xmas offer. When I add 'Extreme Sample Converter' to the shopping cart it comes up as $52.46 US dollars (37.50 Euro). Is this price 'after' the 50% off?

Yep, I paid 120 Euro a long long time ago for my copy.

Quote:
Also, anybody here familiar with or use "Sample Lord"? In addition to a stand alone edition, it's also offered as a bundle with "Extreme Sample Converter".

Yes, I have that too. Anything you want to know just shout. I used it extensively on my V-Machine.

Quote:
Because version 4 is due out for release soon, I'm also wondering how much will be charged to upgrade from 3.6 (current version ) to version 4

Best to send him an email. I have never paid for any update so far, but I'd be very happy to pay this time around if he is going to charge. It's really good software..!!!!

Quote:
I'm exploring the idea of converting akai/vst samples to Tyros 4, so advice & recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks.

Well you really can't go wrong here.
Tell you what, leave it with me for a few minutes and I'll sample the Universe sound from the VSTi - KORG M1 Legacy Collection and export it as Tyros format for you to try get into your T4.

Regards
James

#301226 - 12/19/10 11:54 AM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Irishacts Offline

Ok, here's the famous Universe Sound in Tyros format straight out of Extreme Sample Converter. I've not adjusted any settings that maybe required, so let me know if you have any problems.
http://www.irishacts.com/misc/Universe.S999.rar

Regards
James

#301227 - 12/19/10 05:03 PM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James...Would you please post a sample MP3 of that sound...
AND are you going to do a lot of the sounds for T$ from various vst's?
Thanks,
Lee S.

#301228 - 12/19/10 05:17 PM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Irishacts Offline

Hi Lee
Quote:
James...Would you please post a sample MP3 of that sound...

I'm surprised you don't know it. It's one of the most recognisable sound there is. There's existing demo's of it available everywhere on the net.

Check out this clip for example. It's the very first sound you hear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmNEiNVGkc&feature=related

Quote:
AND are you going to do a lot of the sounds for T$ from various vst's?

No, I was just showing that ESC can convert VSTi sounds to Tyros format. If I develop something for the Tyros, it would be all original sounds. I've no set plans to do that either at this moment in time.

The last time I developed sounds for the Tyros, piracy was rampant and I didn't even cover my costs. People shared the sounds for free while two other people sold my own sound for less than I was selling them. In all my years I never saw so much piracy so quickly.

I lost a lot of money on that, so I ain't in a hurry to try again. At this moment in time it's only an idea I'm thinking about.

Regards
James

#301229 - 12/19/10 05:39 PM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
leeboy Offline

James...Sure now that I hear it...
Don't blame you on the sound sets issue...

I still do enjoy my sounds I bough from you:
Irish Grand, D Flute, vocal assault and I think a Trumpet too. All on PA2XPRO..

SO...question based on what you know...will these sounds I bought work on the PA3XPRO (or whatever it will be called, whenever it comes along? Just do an educated guess?
Thanks,
Lee S

#301230 - 12/20/10 04:57 PM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Ok, here's the famous Universe Sound in Tyros format straight out of Extreme Sample Converter. I've not adjusted any settings that maybe required, so let me know if you have any problems.

Hi James. Unfortunately the hectic holiday schedule didn't allow me the opportunity to attempt loading your Extreme Sample Converter converted to TVN format 'Universe' sample till just now (Monday).

I used the 'Yamaha T3 converter' to convert it from TVN to UVN and was able to load the sample (no prob) into my Tyros 4. I'm happy to report that 'Universe" sounds just the way I remember it years ago played on my Korg 01WFD. Man, hearing that brought back early 90's nostalgic memories for me.

Realizing it's possible to convert & import AKAI + other sounds to Tyros4 has me now seriously considering purchasing 'Extreme Sample Converter' or 'Sample Lord-Extreme Sample Converter Bundle' now. I just need now to contact the developer to find out whether the upcoming version 4 will support direct conversion to UVN.

James, because piracy has become so prolific, I fully understand why you wmight develop cold feet over creating & offering sounds for Tyros 4 for sale. Yamaha has now developed an elaborate instrument identification system which only allows their Tyros 4 sound packs to play on 'one uniquely identified' Tyros 4 instrument. I'm wondering if Yamaha would share this piracy protection system with 3rd party sound developers. Because of concerns of 'sound pak' competition from 3rd party developers, I sort of doubt that, but who knows. Thanks for bringing light to this subject and for all the valuable info you've shared. - Scott

#301231 - 12/21/10 07:50 AM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
leeboy Offline

Scott,
Yamaha sharing that algorythm??
LOL, LOL, LOL,
But, it was a great idea!
Lee S.

#301232 - 12/21/10 10:21 AM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Just do an educated guess?

With KORG it's not easy to say. They have a 100% track record for breaking compatibility when it comes to Workstations, but don't seem to do that with Arrangers.

So... I'd say compatibility will be retained, but then again, anything is possible.

Regards
James

#301233 - 12/21/10 10:23 AM Re: Extreme Sample Converter & Tyros 4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
I used the 'Yamaha T3 converter' to convert it from TVN to UVN and was able to load the sample (no prob) into my Tyros 4.

Perfect... Well there you go. That opens the Tyros up to a world of new sounds.

Regards
James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online