SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#301107 - 12/17/10 01:15 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
.....You don't get to experience a lot of snow or ice.
.....You have to mow grass 9 months out of the year.
.....you can't get anybody to HURRY.
.....Women still dress like they did in the 70's--long hair, tight jeans and no underwear.

WOW, sounds like Paradice to me

Cheers
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 12-17-2010).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#301108 - 12/17/10 02:35 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I forgot to mention, cost of living is very low. Here is our home. http://comps.fotosearch.com/bigcomps/CLT/CLT002/b3820.jpg
DonM

#301109 - 12/17/10 03:09 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Still looks like Paradise to me, even the car looks newer and in better shape.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#301110 - 12/17/10 06:10 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don,

Looks like you added a neat addition since I was there. Is that a one-holer or a two-holer?

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#301111 - 12/17/10 06:16 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Don't come to where I am in North Louisiana. You don't get to experience a lot of snow or ice. You have to mow grass 9 months out of the year. Too much spicy Cajun food (and women). Everybody takes their time doing things--you can't get anybody to HURRY. Government isn't nearly as corrupt as it used to be; it's hard to get by with much.
I have to walk 50 yards to play golf, and more than a half mile to launch my boat.
If you're going to be away from home for more than a week, it's a good idea to lock your front door.
There are no subways or elevated trains. The traffic jam is from 5:00 to 5:15. All the cops know my name, so I can't break any serious laws without embarrassing them.
We have the smallest Bowl Game in the history of football. You have to have at least a break-even season and guarantee 38 fans to qualify. Air Force is coming this year. I think it's because they can land free at the AFB.
It's hard to drive anywhere on Sunday morning, because of all the traffic from people going to and from church.
We had a terrorist threat last week, but it turned out it was just a Mormon with a backpack full of literature.
Women still dress like they did in the 70's--long hair, tight jeans and no underwear. No wait, that's a GOOD thing.
Anyway, I have all the good music jobs tied up, so go somewhere else.
DonM

HAHAHA, that is THE best post in the history of SZ. Bar none, I don't give a damn who you are. 'Cept I kinda have a bias. Damn, that's good stuff! I might be only one who appreciates it but you done good!

Back to my moonshine.

#301112 - 12/17/10 06:54 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
DonM Offline

Heck Bill, I live in a Metropolis compared to you! You do have a new truck stop now though.
There are more people that work in Bill's truck stop than there are residents in his town. They have ONE policeman and he drives a 1971 2-door Ford Fairlane with a hand-painted star on the side. He never takes fat people to jail because they won't fit in the back seat. That and they don't have a jail.
Bill has written a song about every person in town, and every person who has ever lived in the town. When he finally writes enough of them, he will put them all on a CD.
When you drive into town there is a sign that says "You are entering P**** D*******. " If you look in the rear view mirror it says "You are LEAVING P**** D******."
I'm not disguising the name of the town, that's actually the way they write it. The guy who paints the signs learned his ABC's but not how to put them together. He quit school before they got to ciphering.
They do have eleven beer joints though. It's a good thing or Bill would have to move to the city.
Talk about competition for music jobs . . . remember the banjo player from Deliverance?
This is where his dentist lives.
Lord, forgive me, it's the first night I've had off in weeks. My wife went to sleep at 6:30. I'm staying in the office so I don't wake her. I've heard every song on Youtube, and I'm starting to go through the first thousand or so of Gary Diamond's gig disks. I've bought so many Woot deals they are paying me to LET them ship.
I think I'll listen to "that" version of Oh Holy Night one more time.
DonM

#301113 - 12/17/10 06:59 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Hahahaha, I am really warped as I am yakking to a beautiful blonde while writing to you guys on this forum. Now, that is sick. But she is making me many promises come tomorrow.

#301114 - 12/17/10 07:07 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Lucky2behere, that is a great name but you don't want to live here. There are too many good lookin' no-teeth wimmens. There's a name for that but I forget what it is. Anyway, you don't wanna move here because you will get no rest. DonM cannot handle it, I can.

#301115 - 12/17/10 07:41 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
DonM Offline

Semi, tell your sister to get off the phone and leave you alone!
DonM

#301116 - 12/17/10 09:41 PM Re: any suggestions on where to live?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
The Sarasota, FL area has just been voted #1 for retirees and Punta Gorda-Port Charlotte area(where I live) is #9.

SW Florida is cheaper and is full of friendly seniors looking for entertainment.

Bernie

Bernie......good suggestion. I've thought often about moving to Florida because of the "work" there. And probably a whole lot more satisfying than what I'm doing now. With the house prices down there right now, I could buy a couple of them and still have enough left over for an Audya. But....the heat!...I don't think I could take that heat and the strong sun and everything that goes with it (including being in constant air conditioning). It's still on my list of possibilities though.

Did you say you live in Charlotte? I've been researching it for 2 years now. Spent a week exploring Atlanta and another week in Raleigh. Didn't like either for living there, but I have my hopes up for Charlotte with all I've been reading about it. And the people I've met, so far, from North Carolina are super-friendly. My plans are to spend a week there in January to see what the housing market looks like and what type of (music) work is available.

Lucky

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online