SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30065 - 12/10/02 09:39 AM XD3 O/S Update
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hi - I upgraded my XD3 the other day (Saturday) to O/S version 2.0A from the Ketron Website. The upgrade went fine and I was very pleased that this actually fixed a problem that I had with tranmitting sustain over midi (even though this was not mentioned as an additional feature or bug fix on the web site).

However, Since loading the new O/S I have experienced a problem with the XD3 switching styles for no apparent reason (eg from swing to disco). This has happened about 6 times now

Has anyone out there got O/S 1.3C on disk so I can revert to my previous O/S to see if this fixes the problem as I can't gig with something thats I can't control.

Has anyone else experienced this? - It may be a problem just with my unit so please let me know if you have and which O/S you have

Thankyou - Keith

#30066 - 12/11/02 03:34 AM Re: XD3 O/S Update
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
KFingers, XD3 is full of bugs! I am veeery upset! They must reprogram everything!

#30067 - 12/11/02 08:22 AM Re: XD3 O/S Update
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
OK - Problem over. Just me being a dummy and panicking. I simply hadn't filtered out "registration changes" on the Midi Channels Received Page again since upgrading so when I sent a voice change on channel 16 (the default) to another module (JV1080) the XD9 picked this up and changed to the block registration of that number even though the registration function (light) had not been selected.

This wasn't apparant at first as there is no change until the pattern measure or selected introduction has completed and I change voices whilst waiting for an introduction to complete.

Sorry If I alarmed anyone - It really was worth upgrading to version 2.0A

Regards - Keith

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online