SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#300670 - 12/12/10 12:43 PM Re: My Tyros 4's now in the house !
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:

I'm also a little disappointed in the Organs. Why would they change the way the controller works with the organs? They now control volume instead of Leslie Rotor? What were they thinking? Some of the Leslie Rotors do an "Instant On" and with a louder volume than slow speed.

Al

You should be able to fix this through adjusting the amplitude in the VOICE SET menu, then save as a USER voice.

#300671 - 12/12/10 12:44 PM Re: My Tyros 4's now in the house !
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi Scott, what's your email? Mine is cmilecki at yahoo.

I know you're a pro-user so I'd really like to hear your comments about the problems I've brought up about this board.

#300672 - 12/12/10 12:45 PM Re: My Tyros 4's now in the house !
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
HI Scott,

I'm also a little disappointed in the Organs. Why would they change the way the controller works with the organs? They now control volume instead of Leslie Rotor? What were they thinking? Some of the Leslie Rotors do an "Instant On" and with a louder volume than slow speed.

And finally, I'm having a devil of a time balancing the volume of "Everything". Somethings like Right voices are Too Loud, some tooo soft, the left hand voice is un-hearable,the Styles are not as balanced as the Tyros 2. I hope they can fix these things, but I don't have hope as Yamaha does not have a very good track record of releasing OS Updates.

Take Care.
Al

Al, the way I interpet the the controllers is that it is designed so that when you're playing SA2 voices and roll the wheel up it creates the leslie effect. Nevertheless it's poor design I have caught myself during a rehearsal pushing it up and having the volume drop off. So generally I just avoid using it unless I'm positive I have an SA2 organ voice chosen.

And you're comment on having trouble balancing the volume of everything seemed even worse on the Tyros3. I didn't own one but had the opportunity to use one for a weekend. I found it such pain that I opted not to buy one. Really I think the T4 has improved despite that. I'm happy with my T4 and I've owned enough arrangers the last few years where I'm willing to make some sacrifice so that I have other features. When you come right down to it we're all in the same boat no matter what arranger we own.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online