SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#300436 - 12/06/10 04:42 PM Editing Drums on Tyros 4
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding the capabilities of the new drum kit editing features on the Tyros 4.

- Can you make custom drum kits that can be a combination of sounds from all the other drum kits on the keyboard?

- Can you select which individual drum sounds of a Single Drum Kit have effects applied to them?

- Is there individual EQ for each drum part in a single drum kit?

- Has there been any Yamaha or third party Drum kit samples released that can be sampled straight in and saved on the flash board?

...currently weighing up my options
Thanks
Nick

#300437 - 12/06/10 05:13 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Nick. Great questions and similar to the questions I too had, so I looked in the Tyros4 Reference Manual and here are the answers based on what I could gleam reading it (pages 25-27)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
- Can you make custom drum kits that can be a combination of sounds from all the other drum kits on the keyboard?

YES

Quote:

- Can you select which individual drum sounds of a Single Drum Kit have effects applied to them?

YES

Quote:

- Is there individual EQ for each drum part in a single drum kit?

NO

Quote:

- Has there been any Yamaha or third party Drum kit samples released that can be sampled straight in and saved on the flash board?

Not yet, at least to my knowledge. I hope Yamaha or 3rd party producer offers something like this up soon.

#300438 - 12/06/10 05:23 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Thanks Scott.

Check your email

#300439 - 12/07/10 12:37 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Yes, there is: http://www.francescomassa.altervista.org/index_eng.html
Click on downloads on left, then voices, scroll down download and enjoy.
Eric

#300440 - 12/07/10 02:47 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Hi Eric, thanks man for the heads up link. I 'only now' remember you had given me that link during one of our telephone conversations a while back, so thanks again. Really looking forward to creating some interesting custom drumkits with these when I get my Tyros4. I'm especially intigued by the 'asian pak' which includes traditional Chinese instruments. btw: have you already, or are you considering upgrading to T4? A special holiday wish to you, Claudia and Sunny. - Scott

#300441 - 12/07/10 04:27 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
chony Offline

Loc: New York
That said, all of that information is useless to you until Yamaha fixes the ability to make sounds and styles without major bugs at every turn...

Watch my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iWvPoJhA4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcJL6dz25s0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoBL9AVEydI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsnHveLgyho

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 12-07-2010).]

#300442 - 12/07/10 04:38 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Hi Chony, I totally concur. That said, I'm interested to find out from you if the style part volume bugs only occur with 'custom samples', or if they are happening with preset styles & internal voices too, because in my limited testing, I couldn't get it to happen when utilizng preset styles that call up internal voices, though I did notice that the volume levels of 'inactive' style parts did change erratically. Luckily because these weren't actively used style parts, it didn't affect the sound of the style. Chony have you tried or noticed this when editing the part vols of Preset Styles? Thanks - Scott

#300443 - 12/07/10 10:43 PM Re: Editing Drums on Tyros 4
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Chony, I totally concur. That said, I'm interested to find out from you if the style part volume bugs only occur with 'custom samples', or if they are happening with preset styles & internal voices too, because in my limited testing, I couldn't get it to happen when utilizng preset styles that call up internal voices, though I did notice that the volume levels of 'inactive' style parts did change erratically. Luckily because these weren't actively used style parts, it didn't affect the sound of the style. Chony have you tried or noticed this when editing the part vols of Preset Styles? Thanks - Scott

Yes, the style bugs do happen every time with preset styles. Do exactly what I'm doing in video 1 on any preset and you'll get the same results. Also, watch video 4.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online