Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#300396 - 12/07/10 02:37 PM Re: So glad to see so many Pros back in SZ
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
The clock worked fine till....December 31st 23:59.At midnight worldwide ALL the WK4's locked up and using/playing was impossible. The advised workaround : Open the case, remove battery, wait 10 secs, put it back

OMG!, considering the fact that I'm sure many WK4 players were just about commence playing "Auld Lang Syne" the world over. I'd say that to be the ultimate New Years Eve Gig disaster!

#300397 - 12/08/10 02:27 PM Re: So glad to see so many Pros back in SZ
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
All we need now is Diki and the forum would be perfect.

+1 !

#300398 - 12/08/10 08:24 PM Re: So glad to see so many Pros back in SZ
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
OMG!, considering the fact that I'm sure many WK4 players were just about commence playing "Auld Lang Syne" the world over. I'd say that to be the ultimate New Years Eve Gig disaster!

Yep I gotta agree. What awful timing. I bet it would take 20 mins or more to open the case, pull the battery out and put it back together again. I guess there were a lot of WK4 players singing Auld Lang Syne accapella that night

#300399 - 12/09/10 04:33 AM Re: So glad to see so many Pros back in SZ
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I think this three minutes thing may come from the sequence dance fraternity. In the UK anyway they seem to like once dance played for 8 sequences which usually takes about 3 minutes. Followed by an encore if they like it.
As they all come onto the floor at the start of a dance this differs from the medley type dance where people drop in and out as they like and I then generally time these to last about ten minutes.

Trevor

#300400 - 12/09/10 02:15 PM Re: So glad to see so many Pros back in SZ
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:

Is so refreshing to see many Pro arranger players back to the forum(including myself), and such positive atmosphere like the "old" days. I now see post from members that I have not seen for some time.

It happens whenever Yamaha releases a new flagship...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online