SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#300333 - 12/07/10 09:10 AM Re: Band in a Box 2011 Released.
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Though I'm impressed with the significantly improved 'live' sound of the audio loops (compared to midi loops), it should be noted that unless you're willing to fork out a lot more money ($699US vs $399US) for the 'Audiofile' version of Biab (of which includes 'uncompressed' WAV loops), that the other version(s?) of Biab's audio loops are merely 32kbps .wma files. For live/casual 'backing track' projects this sounds quite fine, but for making a pro level recording, it may not sound good enough. That said, I'm debating whether to shell out an additional $300 for the Audiofile version. I'm interested in getting feedback from others about this. Thanks. - Scott

Scott, there are those of us who have been selling recordings made with the "standard" .wma version of the Realtracks since their inception.

To date, not one of my clients has complained about a lack of audio fidelity or anything like that. (Now, there have been some complaints about MY playing... heh.)

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#300334 - 12/07/10 03:31 PM Re: Band in a Box 2011 Released.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
Scott, there are those of us who have been selling recordings made with the "standard" .wma version . . not one of my clients has complained about a lack of audio fidelity or anything like that.--Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
there have been some complaints about MY playing... heh.

Don't know what to say about your playing (I haven't heard it yet), but regarding the standard .wma version which I already now have, appreciate your assurance about that. That said, I'm holding on to that $300 now and applying it instead to help cover the cost of Tyros4.

#300335 - 12/07/10 07:45 PM Re: Band in a Box 2011 Released.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
for anyone that may be interested, there's a video on some of the new BIAB functions. http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

best wishes
Rikki

p.s. Scott, they're going to eventually do one on Real Band also.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online