Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#300270 - 12/03/10 08:35 PM Re: TC Helicon Harmonizers
gcbin Offline

Loc: Huntington, Indiana USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Incorrect.

You can select the Harmony M to receive on ANY channel you like. Read the manual. Its under the MIDI section.

Yes, you can set the Harmony-M to receive on any midi channel. Once you do that, however, you have to use that midi channel for all presets on the Harmony-M. What you cannot do is store different midi receive channels for different presets, as on some units. Thats what I meant when I said the midi receive channel was global. Lets take a scenario where you may want to use a midi file which transmits harmony data on midi channel 5. Then on you next song you want to trigger harmony data from your particular keyboard which may transmit on midi channel 4. To my knowledge, with the Harmony-M, you have a problem unless you want to go into the menu and change the midi receive channel all the time. With the Vocalist VR, you have the option of setting up a preset to receive on channel 5, and another preset to receive on channel 4. That's not to say that your particular keyboard may have a way to transmit on various channels in a way to work around the need for this. I don't claim to be an expert. Just my thoughts. Gary

#300271 - 12/04/10 07:45 AM Re: TC Helicon Harmonizers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I am really very happy with the Digitechs.

Due to many of the scenarios mentioned I also prefer the Digitech units to the
TC Helicon. I tried them all. Although I look forward to trying the New Tyros 4 VH2 unit sometime & hope they also include it in the new S Series when released too. Anything is better then what we already have. That would be the only reason I would upgrade from the S910.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-04-2010).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online