SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30008 - 05/20/03 05:27 AM SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I need help !

I tested the separate out yesterday.
I assign bassdrum and bass to OUT 3
I can do a good tune in my mixer, It's a good thing for the sound.
But when I increase the MASTER VOLUME cursor on the SD1, the bass and drum are note increasing.

It's is possible to make the 'master volume', master of all voices??? It's normal? no???

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#30009 - 05/21/03 04:09 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
Roel Offline

Hi Dan,
It is normal the volume of the SEPARATE out is 'separated' from the volume slider.

I do not think it's possible to reconnect it to the volume-slider.

Roel

#30010 - 05/21/03 04:16 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You can use a passive volume pedal to route the bass and the main to separate inputs. That way, you can adjust the overall mix with the foot controller, and the separate mix at the mixer. Make sense?

#30011 - 05/21/03 07:59 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
DAN.2000 Offline

No, Roel is not normal !!!

If I decide to decrease the volume a little, I modify the MASTER VOLUME...

I can't do a tune in the beggining of the party, and not changing something in the volume in the night ...

Immagine, someone want to tell that a car is bad parked lol

I decrease the master volume, and bass and drum continue !!!

BOUM BOUM

That's I can't use this separate output...
((((((

About the pedal, you say about a audio pedal, or a midi pedal?

I don't want to pass the signal into a audio pedal to decrease it... I love quality sound at maximum...
Perhaps, the volume pedal connected back of sd1 can adjust the overall mix?
But I can't touch the master volume all the night ( ...

I don't understand the logic of separate of volume slider...

Dan

#30012 - 05/30/03 05:31 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
DAN.2000 ... Imagine 4 Water pipelines going into 1 Main pipeline and that Main pipeline has a valve on it. When you open and close that Main valve you control the water for ALL the pipelines!! With me so far? NOW if you Seperate 1 of the 4 Pipelines and put a valve on IT, THEN, the Main valve will not control the water from that seperated pipeline any more! And, consequently, the valve on the seperated pipeline will control the water from it. It is the same electricly (did I spell that correctly?) ALSO when you send the Bass Drum to a seperate out on the SD1 I found that some Drum sets do not function properly. The Drum set does not sound correct. I do not remember the Styles with this problem but you will hear it when you use one. I do not have an explaination for this. I hope I helped.

#30013 - 06/01/03 05:06 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
DAN.2000 Offline

Yes, but I want, a valve for all the pipelines !!! Imagine, I want to reduce the amount of water without change this proportion of each pipline....

A GENERAL valve, it's very important... In case of danger you want reduce the water...
not in the mixing console OOOO ! the ingeneer is to farrrr !! ALLO ALLO??? stop the bass soundddd

Dan

#30014 - 06/01/03 06:43 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Dan .... relax - you're trying to reinvent an already efficient system. The sole purpose of the sparate outs is to expand your flexibility for a more elaborate mix. If you have simple needs, then the master works just fine. You seem to want more from the mix, so........ you NEED to accept and embrace the idea that you are in a "specialty" league, and consequently need to modify a few techiques.
The volume pedal is a passive, audio device with 2 SEPARATE in's and outs. Plug the bass into one, and the master into the other and route them to SEPARATE channels of a mixer. Now, when you need to make adjustments to all instruments at the same time .... it's as easy as moving your foot on the pedal.
Remember ... you can still make individual adjustments with the sliders on the keyboard, or at the mixer too.

Don't let this make you crazy. It's a good system, and it works the way it should. Remember, the key word here is "S*E*P*A*R*A*T*E"

Seperate means apart, and that's what you get when you use the special outs. Try the volume pedal first, and if it's too combersome, I have one more idea, but it's more drastic, and you'll loose all your internal effects.

Yamaha has a great idea on the 9000 series - you can take the entire signal from the kb, route it into a mixer (along with anything else in the mixer) and feed it BACK into the internal speakers, so the volume control becomes a master for ALL sources. Neat, huh?

Try the volume pedal .... it's an easy fix to a small problem. Another variation on the pedal is to use a very small mixer, that sits ON the kb. Then you have a master volume control at your fingertips again. Check into Alessis, Behringer, ROlls .... they all make small mixers.(food 4 thought)

#30015 - 06/02/03 05:20 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
DAN.2000 Offline

Ok I see that I am the only who think that it should be good if the master volume plays in all of 4 outs.

Of course, I read your posts, but i prefer to have a good control of the volume than a little better bass sound...

In the audio pedal solution, you lost the stereo...

In fact, the good balance between the bass and the other of the sound, is depending to the room (stage ) you are playing, and it is a subtil tuning.

I will test if the pedal volume change the volume in all outs...
I think it reduce the sound via midi volumes. I don't like AUDIO solutions...

I don't use now the 3rd out... and thanks for your help, i will test what can I do with...

Dan

#30016 - 06/02/03 01:00 PM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Dan, don't you have a mixer? Why don't you control everything on the MASTER fader of your mixer?!?

Luis Santos

#30017 - 06/03/03 04:37 AM Re: SD1 SEPARATE OUT.
DAN.2000 Offline

in the mixer, there is other instruments !!
and I don't use, in most gigs, mixer with sub groups...
And the mixer is far,
And.......
Ok I can find solutions, but, I should prefer if I can control the master volume from the keyboard directly and quiquely

Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online