SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#311627 - 01/09/11 11:45 AM Re: Kudos to Scott Yee [Re: Beakybird]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Scott was always a peacemaker, and it's nice to see the recognition. I admit - 10-11 years ago, this forum was almost like family to me, and it's nice to see so many faces from the old days still here. I know I am much less frequent as a poster, but I do check in and read the topics pretty often. My first time on the "zone" was when I heard about a keyboard called the kn5000 - I wanted to know what all the fuss was about, and this forum had so much commentary on it - I was hooked instantly!
I'm taking my Christmas Tree down, cooking some P.F.Changs chicken and waiting for the Eagles/Packers game .... nice work, if you can get it!

#311653 - 01/09/11 04:38 PM Re: Kudos to Scott Yee [Re: Beakybird]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Uncle Dave, smile thanks for those kind words of support. You and I go way back to 1999! and I fondly remember those early discussions about the then current arrangers: Technics KN5000, Roland G800, Yamaha PSR9000, GEM Genesys, Solton X1, and Korg i series. As I grow older I appreciate the valued history of friendships, so look forward to not only meeting new friends on Synthzone, but getting re-acquainted with old Synthzone buddies as well. smile

#311657 - 01/09/11 05:34 PM Re: Kudos to Scott Yee [Re: Beakybird]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Now Dave and Scott didn't actually register on the same day but because Dave's date had gone missing and was showing as 69 ( which is pretty silly ) and unfortunately the date isn't stored in a human readable format I figured Scott's was close enough so I copied and pasted that into Dave's section of the database.

#311671 - 01/09/11 08:34 PM Re: Kudos to Scott Yee [Re: Nigel]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Now Dave and Scott didn't actually register on the same day

Yes, and as I recall, I also didn't actually register on that Dec 1st, 1999 day either. grin As I recollect, I had initially registered earlier on Chris Hansen's even older forum (circa 1998), but sometime during an early SZ changeover some of the records got lost and we simply decided for convenience sake to make it Dec 1, 1999. smile Either way I guess, I'm a Synthzone oldie but goodie. grin

Edited by Scottyee (01/09/11 08:39 PM)

#311672 - 01/09/11 08:57 PM Re: Kudos to Scott Yee [Re: Scottyee]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I do hope you and Dave got my email about the _dup1 issue being sorted out. I had to do some low level mining into the database to be able to that. This is a brand new system for me and is a lot more complex than the old forum. But I am generally pretty happy about how smoothly the upgrade has gone.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online