Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#299790 - 11/25/10 03:21 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Lee.
Quote:
I thought DOM took out livetyler? He announced that

Well I assume from OS 5.0 onwards the new version of Qranger will be the main arranger program. So I'm not sure if there's much of any loss here. We will have to wait and see what the new Qranger offers.

I would imagine you can install Live Styler yourself too if you wanted to keep using it.

Quote:
With Livestyler & the XG and mega voice sound set (GIGA) he had...it would do well wih Yamaha styles.

All styles converted to midi files will work the same in Qranger.

Quote:
I don't have time or talent to take a WS and create arranger content. Anyone else?

It should be interesting then to see what Tastenpoint release.

Cheers
James

#299791 - 11/25/10 07:32 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James,
Not sure what you mean about Qranger...I haven't heard a decent demo yet of it..but...still waiting.

Aso, The power of the livestyler with MS was the integration of the controllers...installin LS woon't be the same, I think? Ask DOM.
Then let me know.

Lee S.

#299792 - 11/25/10 11:54 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
The OS 5.0 code still support the Live-styler and Live-Arranger engine, you have just to copy the application inside the Presets folder.
I will only not support anymore new features and bugfix from this two application for some reason that you already know..
Also, no more online OS support from my side for this two arranger engines.

Export the yamaha styles with EMC style converter to SEQ mode ( all patterns in one midifile)
Import EMC midifile on qranger and press PLAY.

#299793 - 11/26/10 06:48 AM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
leeboy Offline

DOM,
How could that possibly work? Export to a MIDI then Qranger will work like a Yamaha style player.
What about Mega voics? What about eall the style sections?
Please explain in detail.

Also, no I don't know the story on LS...please say reason why you won't support going forward.

I think it is a big mistake on your prt to not supprt LS going forward.

Lee S.

#299794 - 11/26/10 08:00 AM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Irishacts Offline

Hi Lee.

I’m not Domencio but I’ll answer some of this.

Quote:
How could that possibly work? Export to a MIDI then Qranger will work like a Yamaha style player.

Simple.
Rather than using a STY format your using Midi Format. The end result is the same thing.

Quote:
What about Mega voics?

Nothing changes. The sounds have nothing to do with Live Arranger / Live Styler. Qranger will just play back the Yamaha Style through the same sounds.

Quote:
What about eall the style sections?

Again, nothing changes. You don’t use Live Arranger / Live Styler to select the styles in the first place. The Lionstracs OS integrates with the application, so there is no difference in changing styles when it comes to Qranger.

You do it the exact same way.

Quote:
I think it is a big mistake on your prt to not supprt LS going forward.

If the new Qranger does the same job and supports Audio Styles, I can’t see there being any loss. Time will tell though. Roll on the release date of OS5.0

Kind Regards
James.

#299795 - 11/26/10 02:29 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
leeboy Offline

James,
Thanks for the info...are you saying the MS has mega voice technology for the stles?

Intros, Vars, fills, breaks, endings all work the same?

With Qranger any Yamaha style can be used correctly (except ones with SA-voices in them of course, they would need re-voicing)??

Lee S.

#299796 - 11/26/10 03:26 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Irishacts Offline

Hi Lee

Quote:
Thanks for the info...are you saying the MS has mega voice technology for the stles?

The short answer is Yes.

The long answer is.....Mega Voice is not a technology at all. A mega voice is nothing more than a sound with more than one mltisample assigned to it and some in some rare cases samples assigned as non-pitched samples. Dead basic stuff that's existed as far back as the AKAI S1000 days.

Sorry, I just had to say that. Yamaha's great at marketing things that have always existed.

Quote:
Intros, Vars, fills, breaks, endings all work the same?

Yes.

Just to go into more detail on this. In EMC you load your Yamaha style and you export it as a song. This exports a single midi file that contains all the parts of the style. In Qranger you can then define what measures equal what parts of the styles. The template EMC uses is always the same so it's easy to do.

Once the parts have been assigned they behave exactly like the original Yamaha file. Meaning you can use the Intro buttons, Fills, Variations, and endings as normal.

Quote:
With Qranger any Yamaha style can be used correctly (except ones with SA-voices in them of course, they would need re-voicing)

I'd say that the level of success would be very high without any modification at all. Tastenpoint themselves reported that it was working extremely well under the current version of Qranger.

Wait an OS5.0 comes out. I'll port over some Yamaha styles and give you my feedback on what I think and how well I feel the conversion is.

I've the sounds, I just don't use them. My MS is setup to be a workstation. When I switch it to arranger mode it turns into a Ketron, not a Yamaha.

Regards
James

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online