SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29971 - 06/05/03 01:51 AM Ketron FT ...cannot connect to PC!???
ketronlover Offline

Loc: Montreal Quebec Canada
Hi guys! Has anyboby had a problem with connecting the Ketron FT to his PC ? Because I've tried every configuration on the program and it would'nt connect .All I get is a jam on my computer for about 2 minutes ,and then it says "time out error!" . I have a Pentium 4 ,1.7ghz running on Win98SE ,256mb memory ,64mb video ,80gig it tells me that I have Com 1 port available,my keyboard(X1 update 4.0b)responds to the signal with "CONNECT TO PC". I downloaded the file since april 2002 up to june 2003.Could there be an update again? I really don't know what to do. Please help me! Thank you! By the way ,I give the X1 arranger sounds and ease of use an A +++ !

------------------
It's not because nobody does it that it means it's impossible.TRY IT!!

#29972 - 06/08/03 12:03 PM Re: Ketron FT ...cannot connect to PC!???
nick_h Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have tried the FT on the Vega, and after a few hickups it finally worked. The key was to restart the PC and the keyboard after you connected the serial board. I recall using COM port 2. Also, are you selecting the PC on the MIDI UTILITY Computer selection page on the keyboard? (this is how you get to it on the VEGA)

#29973 - 06/09/03 01:24 AM Re: Ketron FT ...cannot connect to PC!???
ketronlover Offline

Loc: Montreal Quebec Canada
Hi smilies! Thank you for answering my email. Duh...! I did restart the keyboard but it would reset itself ot "none". But I didn't know about restarting the PC ,alltough I had to restart it many times because it froze on me. And it never worked .The funny thing is when it wrote "time out error" ,meaning ,I think , that the communication did not flow freely between them. But I will try once again ,this time restarting both instrument and PC . About "bauds",do I have to set it to something else than the default 9600 because on my PC ,the default set up for comm is:9600. Anyway, thanks for the key you gave me .Hope to pay you back with something I have one day . Keep on being great! See ya!

Quote:
Originally posted by nick_h:
I have tried the FT on the Vega, and after a few hickups it finally worked. The key was to restart the PC and the keyboard after you connected the serial board. I recall using COM port 2. Also, are you selecting the PC on the MIDI UTILITY Computer selection page on the keyboard? (this is how you get to it on the VEGA)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online