SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#299610 - 11/20/10 01:09 PM What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Have you recently discovered a 'new *' song that you're now interested in learning, or have recently learned and now added to your arranger song performance repertoire?

Please tell something about the song, how you discovered it, the unique quality about the song(s) that appeals to you, what arranger style you use for it, and perhaps a YouTube example link of that song as well.

* new can mean either a new song on the charts, or simply a song 'new to you'.

#299611 - 11/20/10 01:21 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
Dnj Offline

#299612 - 11/20/10 01:40 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Please tell something about the song, how you discovered it, the unique quality about the song(s) that appeals to you, what arranger style you use for it, and perhaps a YouTube example link of that song as well.

LOL - quite the assignment

The recent thing I've done was to 'revisit' some old songs that I hadn't played in a long time. There were a fair amount, but I don't have time to complete the assignment right now

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#299613 - 11/20/10 02:15 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Been listening to a lot of C/W lately ... really like Brad Paisley and George Strait stuff ...
Been working on "We Danced" - not necessarily new, but new to me - "The Breaths You Take" by George Strait ... also added "Beyond Blue Neon" by George Strait and "Neon Moon" by Brooks and Dunn recently ...
t.

#299614 - 11/20/10 02:16 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
My wife (and dou partner) is very big on us learning new stuff that's actually on the charts while I prefere the "classics"

Anyways we just leaned "Cuando me enamoro" as sung by Enrique Iglesias (Julio's son). The song is a big hit on Spanish language pop radio. I even learned it by ear- I'm usually use lead sheet/sheet music but this one wasn't available in print.

The Tyros 2 West Coast Guitar Pop slowed down a bit, along with a Latin percussion loop sounds pretty darn close to the original. It's always nice when you find exactly the style you need!

I wish I new how to provide a youtube link. I'll have to ask my 7 year old daughter how

[This message has been edited by montunoman (edited 11-20-2010).]

[This message has been edited by montunoman (edited 11-20-2010).]

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#299615 - 11/20/10 02:39 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
LOL - quite the assignment

Assignment?! Ok JIm, I'll give you an INCOMPLETE grade for now. Paper due by the end of the week, and no dog ate my paper excuses.

Seriously, my intention was not as any kind of assignment but to simply encourage forum discussion about what we've been doing recently musically, and giving fellow members ideas of music to add to their repertoire as well.

That said, here are a couple of songs I've recently added to my arranger keyboard performance repertoire:

1) " The Country Life, Peter Cincotti "

2) "Love Won't Let Me Wait", original: Major Harris ; John Legend ; more recently live: Jamie Cullum

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-20-2010).]

#299616 - 11/20/10 03:20 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I've been all over the map I'm still relatively new to the world of vocals some tunes work better than others but the I just finished learning Volare and working on the following 2, Soon It's Gonna Rain and I Still Like Bologna.

Soon It's Gonna Rain

I Still Like Bologna Alan Jackson

Volare In Italiano and English

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-20-2010).]

#299617 - 11/20/10 04:25 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Assignment?! Ok JIm, I'll give you an INCOMPLETE grade for now. Paper due by the end of the week, and no dog ate my paper excuses.

LOL - OK Scott....when Frankie sends me that Q3HD I'm gonna show my stuff through YT. Recent tunes:

On The Street Where You Live
Kick Out Of You
More Elvis tunes.......list keeps growing
Singing In The Rain (Jamie Cullen chords)
One Note Samba
More 50s
Now the Christmas stuff again
You Belong To Me
You Are So Beautiful - the only SMF I use, but eventually will do the strings myself

Thanks teacher

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#299618 - 11/20/10 06:29 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Out Of Work Working Man's Bar
When The Sun Goes Down
Sweet Home Chicago
El Cumbanchero
Lets Never Stop Falling In Love
Tequila Sunrise
It's Five O'clock Somewhere
Oh Marie Of Marie
As Good Once As I Ever Was
All Night Long
You're The Reason
Last Cheater's Waltz
I'm Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer
He Stopped Loving Her Today
I Like My Women A Little On The Trashy Side
Walk Through This World With Me
Hot Hot Hot
Dancin' With A Man
Some Beach
Rolling With The Flow
Fannie Mae
Unchain My Heart
Teach Me Tonight
When A Man Loves A Woman
Nearness of You
Irish Stew
Saving All My Love For You
Rum And Coca-Cola
Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Those are just off the top of my head--songs that I've added over the last six months. There are more, but I would have to get the keyboard out of the van to determine the titles and it's too damned cold outside to do it.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#299619 - 11/20/10 07:30 PM Re: What 'New Songs' Have You Recently Learned & Added to Your Repertoire?
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I just got in from a gig, and today I created a sort of pseudo disco arrangement spur of the moment medley of the following songs (never played them before)

YMCA
I will survive
Brown Girl in the Ring
Oh when the saints
Hot and Cold
With or without you
Pianoman
I was made for loving you
Pokerface
Don't stop beliving
Rivers of Babylon
Norwegian footballers version of Oh when the saints.

Then some girl flashed me, so I started playing F*** her gently

DocZ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online