SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#299503 - 11/21/10 04:21 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
FranzN,
But...what about song specific styles? I haven't found many on the Korg...but I think Yamaha and 3rd party Yamaha has lots??
Lee S.

#299504 - 11/21/10 04:43 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
FranzN,
But...what about song specific styles? I haven't found many on the Korg...but I think Yamaha and 3rd party Yamaha has lots??
Lee S.

I don't use many of these but you can buy them at d-o-o.de and find many of them on at http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/ or http://home.planet.nl/~aeduin/downloadKorg.htm

Frans

#299505 - 11/22/10 09:53 AM Re: those annoying tyros voices
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Fran When I refer to styles (and I know I am being picky) there are very few in the last year created for the PA2x. Most are all Pa1x or older so they do not have a "Good" break fill or 3 ending. Why can't Korg Italy offer a couple styles a month for $$ like Yamaha?? Such a simple concept!! And offer styles that people will want in the USA!! Jazz, Rock and Pop.
The ONLY reason I am considering a change to Yamaha is style availabilty and support.
I really like my PA2x!!!
I will probably wait until the winter NAMM show to see what, if any, new arranger Korg introduces before I make a move.

#299506 - 11/22/10 02:43 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Yes that's OK with me. Yamaha is better for you. What I don't understand is if you know how the Korg pa's works why you find the styles busy? Most of the styles I use I edit to my likes and lets be honest how many styles needs a person. I can make plenty of different styles just from one style.

That's what I was getting at, the almost endless editing capabilities of a Korg. I don't know how Yamaha stack up in that department. FWIW, I'm not hugely interested in song-specific styles, too limiting.

#299507 - 11/22/10 04:18 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
John,
I'm in the EXACT same boat!
I hate to give up all the features/editing/song book/touch screen etc etc on the PA...but I'm also thinking of a change.

I'm reevaluating the music I play and which arrranger is best for that purpose!...not necessarily the best in genral.

If I were you I would wait....something great is coming from Korg (don't know when, but soon) How about 4 fills? Lots of DNC sounds, some new styles..etc.
However...If availablity of styles in general is a real big issue for you (and me)...Yamaha will be tops.

But, As some said here...how many great styles do you need?

I would like some song specific styles...because I'm less talented than some...I can do my own, but I would rather just play.

The Korg does allow lots of changes/tweeking with a great editing tool onboard.

And with all the bugs they are finding on T4???

Lee S.

#299508 - 11/22/10 06:32 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Lee that's what I'm thinking .....

Unfortunately I do not have a lot of patience.

I know I would kick myself if Korg would introduce something awesome.

#299509 - 11/22/10 07:00 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One of the main reasons I've stuck with Yamaha for so many years is the styles, many of which are very song specific. I don't look at them, however, as limiting, but instead, I view them as a wonderful way to expand what is already on the keyboard.

I have thousands upon thousands of song specific styles, styles that have the exact intro, fill, breaks and ending as the original songs. As soon as the audience hears the song specific intro they stop whatever they're doing, get out of their seats and onto the dancefloor. It's almost as if someone turns on some sort of magic switch.

When I had the Korg, G-800, Technics and several others I didn't have that vast assortment of third-party styles available. Consequently, I had to play the intro and ending to get remotely close to the song I was performing, which most of the time wasn't a problem. The problem arose when the main body of the style file kicks in and too many songs tended to sound alike.

Also with Yamaha, the technical support, at least here in the U.S., is rated quite high. And, last but not least, we have a lot of very generous individuals on forums such as this one that are willing to dive in and help when there is a problem that needs solving.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#299510 - 11/22/10 08:40 PM Re: those annoying tyros voices
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm a longtime Yamaha arr keyboard fan (PSR2000, Tyros1, Tyros2), but now find myself sitting on the fence between upgrading to Tyros4 or instead, waiting to see what the next Korg (PA3X?)arranger brings (1st Quarter 2011?)

I've auditioned the PA2X Pro and was very impressed with its realistically LIVE sound, compared to Tyros2's polished CD sound approach, but because emulating a small piano combo an important ingredient to my arr kb playing needs, I'm not convinced (yet) whether Korg's got enough impressive sounding small jazz combo swing styles to fit the bill. That said, anybody have more links to Korg PA produced songs utilizing small swing jazz combo styles?

I also appreciate Tyros4's new sound improvement (esp drums) & improved vocal harmonizer, but remain disappointed Yamaha didn't improve the MusicFinder to include linking to & calling up User Reg settings. That said, I'm not willing to upgrade to a Tyros4 until Yamaha releases an OS update which corrects the problem of not being able to save an edited style.

For now, until something or someone can convince me otherwise, I'm sticking with what I got: Tyros2.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online