SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#299108 - 11/10/10 05:59 AM Getting the best out of my G70
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Hi All

I really like the sounds of the G70 but I think I should be getting a better sound when I hear it through my sound system on a gig.

First of all, I play small social clubs with a singer and myself. He uses his PA for vocals and I amplify the G70 through a Yamaha 12 channel

powered desk and a 500w Peavey Messenger speaker. I only use one speaker ( and this could be my problem) taking the output from the keyboard on the

Mono /L output channel and using the the pan setting on the desk at TWELVE O'CLOCK SETTING. Occasionally I link the keyboard output on the RH

channel into the main PA when the room is bigger but whilst the sound is big, I think it should be of a better quality hearing more of the styles

instrumentation.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Frank

#299109 - 11/10/10 08:17 AM Re: Getting the best out of my G70
zuki Offline

Not an expert here, but I like to run (2) speakers, in stereo. A keyboard has more frequencies than any other instrument, and IMO, is designed to run in stereo.

After MANY PA systems, including MONO, I just get a fuller sound with a speaker on either side of the keyboard. Most of my audiences are in that perfect sweet spot too. If the audience field is wider, I just widen the distance of my speakers.

The gang here will be split on the stereo scenario. Just do what you think sounds the best

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online