SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#299090 - 11/09/10 02:12 PM A Tyros4 'Step by Step' Video Demo (Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bah!)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's a 9 minute sample of a brand new Tyros4 Tutorial Video presented by Thoralf Abgarjan:

Tyros 4 Tutorial: Playing Wavecycle-Sounds

Thanks to my german musician buddy, Thilo von Selasinsky, for letting me know about this.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-09-2010).]

#299091 - 11/09/10 04:07 PM Re: A Tyros4 'Step by Step' Video Demo (Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bah!)
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott,
Thanks for the link...I enjoyed it.
It's good to see how he used the choir sounds in a piece.
If he had 76 keys he would have more room for the 3 zones for RH sounds...but in the case of the song he played it was no necessary. Is it me or did he play the chords kind of strange...close to the LH edge of he keyboard?
I hope a lot more of this type of video comes along.
Lee S.

#299092 - 11/10/10 04:26 AM Re: A Tyros4 'Step by Step' Video Demo (Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bah!)
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Scott,

Thoralf is one of best Yamaha German demonstrators and was train as a classical pianist.

The First demonstration I attended to hear the Tyros4 was given by Thoralf who can really bring any keyboard to life and with the Tyros4 he made it sing and sound out of this world.

Although my German is still far from good Thoralf speaks excellent English and I was Fortunate enough to talk to him about various aspects of the Tyros 4.He is a real charming ,modest and down to earth professional

I am attending a private dinner on Friday where he will again be playing the Tyros 4.If a recording is made I will try to obtain a copy.

you will find numerous of his videos on your tube which are well worth watching.

Although he consider the Tyos4 as a light weight he also says it is the musical heavyweight,however his favourite instrument is the god old Rhodes

Excuse the ramble but thought it may be of interest.

Gilbert.

#299093 - 11/10/10 05:10 AM Re: A Tyros4 'Step by Step' Video Demo (Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bah!)
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott great find thanks for posting.

Gilbert if you can get a copy of Friday's demo that would be great.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online