SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#298791 - 11/08/10 03:22 PM Re: Casio WK-7500, CTK-7000 prices
to the genesys Offline

Did I hear some one say a 76 key Yamaha PSR S 910 successor in order for Yamaha to stay a head of the game?

#298792 - 11/08/10 04:45 PM Re: Casio WK-7500, CTK-7000 prices
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Yes , of course !!!

It will also have the FSX keybed and plastic buttons.

Also a newly designed titanium alloy body , to reduce the weight.

Plus , the software will be only Mac compatible , but there will be drivers for PC users.

I also heard that it will have a 3 way / 3 driver speaker system for left and right with a mid mounted sub.

Goodnight and sweet dreams !!

Me 

#298793 - 12/28/10 08:21 AM Re: Casio WK-7500, CTK-7000 prices
elwoodblues1969 Offline

Can you believe the price though? It undercuts the competition by literally "thousands" of dollars. Plus you get 76 keys, built in speakers and it still weighs under 20 lbs! I can't wait to play one and depending on whether there is any noticeable note drop out because of the limited polyphony I could possible see myself getting one later on down the road. Although I might wait for the next model that does have 128 note polyphony and some of the other goodies this one might lack like higher quality sounds and/or more powerful speakers, etc. But kudos to Casio for putting in some real effort going from toy status to a big time player in the arranger keyboard and stage piano arena in just a few short years time. And if the Big Three aren't careful Casio could eventually blow them out of the water in the not too distant future. Another five to ten years people could be saying - Yamaha who?? Roland who?? What's a Korg again??

Even for the typical Casio user,your statements are incredibly ignorant.
You clearly do not own any of the "big three" keyboards-as if you had,you would realize how unsubstantiated your opinions are.
Casio blowing Korg or Yamaha out of the water??
If you really believe your own press,then there's no point in trying to explain the differences between Casio & companies like Korg.

No doubt,the WK-7500 is offering a substantial package for $600...but let's not lose our heads here.
Advances in technology have made it cheaper for companies like Casio to incorporate more professional-type features-particularly in the sequencer area....so even though the WK-7500 is a lot of bang for the buck,there is so much missing from the WK-7500 in contrast to a Korg...differences that only a Korg M3 or Yamaha Motif XF owner would know about.
Bottom line,is that if you're not accustomed to professional sample quality sounds,then your not going to notice the differences in sounds between something like a Korg M3 & the WK-7500.
After having listened through the current WK-7500 demos on YouTube,there is no noticeable difference in sound quality from the WK-7500 and the WK-3800(I'm a former owner of one).
In my best estimate,the WK-7500 is a WK-3800 with a vastly improved sequencer and nothing more(which is not a bad thing),but it is what it is,so why put Casio up on such an elevated pedestal??
It's nearly 2011 people,so don't hold your breath for 128 note polyphony from Casio any time soon,in a workstation keyboard.
If Casio at some point-does add 128 note polyphony in their WK/CTK series,a good number of you are going to complain about the higher price & probably not buy one anyway.
If some of you are willing to wait as long as it takes for Casio to come out with something comparable to Korg or Yamaha,then just use that time to save your money and just buy a f**king Korg already....I mean why spend your time wishing,bitching,moaning & whining about why Casio is not delivering all-around professional features at a consumer price??
It's never going to happen,period.

Either you buy the WK-7500 & enjoy it for what it is & be happy about the money you saved,or you save your money and buy what you r-e-a-l-l-y want.

I do think the WK-7500 is at least worthy of a trip to my local music store to test it out
when it arrives,because if the sounds are reasonably inspiring enough,then I think the WK-7500 would be a great way to lay down my musical ideas immediately,without having to fire up my PC or M3.
Hopefully the WK-7500 is considerably more high quality than the WK-6500,because the 6500 is a cheap toy,in terms of sounds.

-Elwood

#319017 - 03/11/11 01:12 PM Re: Casio WK-7500, CTK-7000 prices [Re: trident]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just remember, kids... Friends don't let friends drink and blog..!

computer

#319044 - 03/11/11 07:28 PM Re: Casio WK-7500, CTK-7000 prices [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Just remember, kids... Friends don't let friends drink and blog..!

Even though I removed any traces of what happened ... that is still pretty funny clap

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online