SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#298687 - 11/03/10 06:42 AM Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Kf-32i-TQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX_mSKuaCuM&feature=related

lets face it manuals stink......
Seeing = Learning!!

These are very well done.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-03-2010).]

#298688 - 11/03/10 08:46 AM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You have a DVD player in your bathroom?

#298689 - 11/03/10 09:09 AM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Deleted (Double post, sorry)

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-03-2010).]

#298690 - 11/03/10 09:10 AM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Fran, get yourself an iPad. I read manuals (Pdf) and even watched the above YouTube clips on my iPad via wifi in the bathroom. I'm also able to live stream (via audio galaxy & air video apps (mp3's, vids, etc)) stored on my PC to the iPad, which allows me to conveniently watch this on the iPad not only anywhere in the house but out on the deck and in the yard (by the pool ) as well. Withis 3G, This iPad's also great for checking the forums & posting on SZ while out on the road too. In fact I'm posting this now as I chow down at my local breakfast diner, thenI'm off downtown to the big Giants World Series Champs Celebration Parade! -

#298691 - 11/03/10 10:04 AM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, I like the concept of an ipad, but I learned my lesson with laptops..I will not buy an underpowered laptop or PC again..I presently use an high end laptop that has not glitched once and handles everything I throw at it..and it even is running Vista.. I also have had no trouble with Vista..other than a memory retain problem with indexes (search indexes)..but the other side of the index problem..it searches thru a 1 terabyte drive in less than a minute..

Have they upgraded the ipad to a faster dual core..and have they allowed a larger drive yet..Both were to small the last time I checked the ipad out..

There are other tablets that were more powerful than the ipad..

#298692 - 11/03/10 11:58 AM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
I agree..I have the 3 DVD set for Korg PA series.
It was done by members of the Korg community (Not for profit) and the cost was aroung $50.00. (covers production/shipping etc). It's very helpful.

It would be good if the Mfs did it...and I'm OK buying it because not everyone would want/need a DVD set.

Lee S.

#298693 - 11/03/10 12:37 PM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny, DVDs are really needed. I subscribe to a web site for computer related/software instruction called lynda.com. This is a fantastic site for learning about hundreds of software packages, bottom line watching the movies on the how to is a great learning tool .

Fran on the subject of the iPad, it's not meant to be a replacement for a PC. It's really more of a media consumption device than a PC it's really imho a niche product. I would never replace a desktop or a laptop with the iPad. There are thousands of apps as you probably know, but not all are useful.

Just some examples of how I use the iPad

1.It's an electronic date book calendar useful for booking gigs and it syncs across several computers I have at home and at the office
2.Newspapers USA Today, NY Times, WSJ all in full color
3.Magazine subscriptions I stopped the print editions of PC World, Mac World for electronic versions uses the app Zinio
4. Kindle and Amazon e-books
5. My entire electronic fake book library (pdf form about 30 books)
6.Note pad for jotting down quick to do
7.DAW see harmonicdog.com
8.Pandora Radio
9.Mlb.com
10 Great for traveling no need to carry a 5 or 6 pound laptop or even a net book.

I'm not a gamer but there's plenty of games everything from Scrabble to Bejeweled to air hockey .

The list goes on, it's a convenient device with long battery life. I last had mine on the charger Monday evening, I've been using it pretty constantly since then and I still have 54% battery life left. Plus it's always on, when I'm not using it I put it to sleep. Waking it from sleep, entering my password takes less than 5 seconds.

One other thing there are plenty of tablets on the market, but I just read where Apple now owns 95 % share of the market with the iPad. And I've never had a glitch despite it being on practically all the time. As a rule just as a best practice about once per week I shut it down then power it back up.

I think you'd be surprised just how good a device it really is. Just ask Scott Yee

iPad Mkt Share

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-03-2010).]

#298694 - 11/03/10 02:35 PM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I have this keyboard, so these DVD's are very welcome.

I also received a DVD from this same author when I purchased a Tascam recorder from UD.

They are wonderful
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#298695 - 11/03/10 02:41 PM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I have this keyboard, so these DVD's are very welcome.

I also received a DVD from this same author when I purchased a Tascam recorder from UD.

They are wonderful
Al

exactly Al........so why can't they include or make available besides the manual beginner & advanced volumes for all keyboards....? It will certainly benefit owners in so many ways...I cant believe this simple logical thing is so discarded by these big companies.

#298696 - 11/03/10 03:00 PM Re: Manufacturers need to make DVD instructionals like this for EVERY Arranger UNIT also
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

exactly Al........so why can't they include or make available besides the manual beginner & advanced volumes for all keyboards....? It will certainly benefit owners in so many ways...I cant believe this simple logical thing is so discarded by these big companies.

Because King DNJ, if they make a DVD showing you how to use an instrument, you may actually use the instrument to its fullest potential. And you would be so good with the instrument, you would not buy their incremental upgrades. That would mean reduced profits. It is all about their bottom line.

------------------
TTG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online