Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#298297 - 10/31/10 05:06 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps not...you have always stated on this forum that you wished for an updated G-70...who's gonna make it? Korg?

Knowing what you are talking about, and being right, are two different things in your case.

Check back on your old posts...

I'll send you a doggy bag (or a Dino bag)...Ha Ha.

It's too bad you didn't like the Tyros models...I actually liked the G-70 (and E-80) quite a bit, but not enough to buy one...the styles were too much like the old E-series, and now, the technology is dated.

But, if you're happy, that's the main thing.

Ian

Wrong again..

You are so use to Yamaha using "updates" in a new released "Upgraded" keyboard ..while other companies .."update" free via software...

I never wished for a updated G70..I have mentioned if Roland ever produced a new model with the media player that is used by The Prelude...I would consider a new purchase....I also affirmed I would still keep the G70...

Get your facts right...and go eat those "leftovers" before they go bad..

#298298 - 10/31/10 05:25 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:

interesting video I stumbled across on youtube recently... I wouldn't have posted it but since YOU brought up the topic of raping the cow...

ZERO creditability to you mate...

Zero credibility?

You do realise I'm the owner of KORG Forums? The biggest “””FREE””” Online community for KORG users in the world.

I've done more good for people than you could possibly imagine.

Along the way I've also come across some trolls who I've pissed off by banning them from KORG Forums, so hell yeah, I've made a few enemies and I will make more as time goes by in order to provide a quality forum for all KORG users around the world.

You however should show me some respect and apologises. You watch crap on YouTube posted by a coward who won't even stand by his own video and his accusations, and you believe what you see and hear?

That's an insult. Shame on you...!!!

If your that kind of person though, can you please post your bank details and post scan of some photo ID so I know who I'm talking to. lol..... Dude, come on man. Do you not have an actual opinion of your own or are you really that gullible.

James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298299 - 10/31/10 05:29 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Irishacts Offline

double post

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298300 - 10/31/10 05:51 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
James I did not make the video.
Its on youtube. ANYONE on this forum or the world has free access to it.

The video may be a complete false accusation and after being shown the info from Lee I may be wrong about loosing credibility for you.
But this video is no better than any of the accusations that you make against Yamaha.

“Yamaha is milking their users like Cows. The Motif series has been milked to death, and the same can be said with the Tyros. There's nothing wrong with bring out new keyboards every 2 years, but for crying out loud lets see some seriously development and not incremental upgrades that could have been sold on a CD.”

You have accused Yamaha of milking people.
You have stated that all the upgrades could be released on a CD. (how can you add Sliders and flash memory to a CD?)

You can bash Yamaha all you want and rant on about how OLD the sound engine is but I too owned a Korg PA 800 and it was around the time when Korg released the new DNC sounds.
These were basically the Korg version of Super Articulation. Yes they were free which was excellent BUT Korg HAD to release these sounds to keep up in the market (this is clearly obvious).

You can argue against that all you like.

Also your comment here:
“Lol... I fail to see how you make that out where there were only ever 4 flashship arrangers.
i3, i30, Pa1X, Pa2X.”

How many freaking Synths have Korg made over the years!!!!!! Karma, Triton, M3, M2, OASYS??
It is fair to say that Korg have been more of a Synth company than an arranger. Thus why they haven’t had the history of making so many different arrangers…

Nick

#298301 - 10/31/10 05:54 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I never wished for a updated G70..I have mentioned if Roland ever produced a new model with the media player that is used by The Prelude...I would consider a new purchase....I also affirmed I would still keep the G70...

Whatever...I'm not going to waste time arguing with a Roland fanboy. They're even worse than we Yamaha fanboys, but neither of us are as bad as that Korgian bunch...read some of FransN's posts...

Enjoy your dinosaur, Fred...er...I mean Fran.

Ian

#298302 - 10/31/10 06:03 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Hijack alert!!!!
This is Chony's thread reviewing a tyros 4.

Its a shame it should be turned into all the above garbage.

If you want to do that start a new thread. Please.

#298303 - 10/31/10 06:15 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
James I did not make the video.
Its on youtube. ANYONE on this forum or the world has free access to it.

The video may be a complete false accusation and after being shown the info from Lee I may be wrong about loosing credibility for you.
But this video is no better than any of the accusations that you make against Yamaha.

“Yamaha is milking their users like Cows. The Motif series has been milked to death, and the same can be said with the Tyros. There's nothing wrong with bring out new keyboards every 2 years, but for crying out loud lets see some seriously development and not incremental upgrades that could have been sold on a CD.”

You have stated that all the upgrades could be released on a CD. (how can you add Sliders and flash memory to a CD?)

You can bash Yamaha all you want and rant on about how OLD the sound engine is but I too owned a Korg PA 800 and it was around the time when Korg released the new DNC sounds.
These were basically the Korg version of Super Articulation. Yes they were free which was excellent BUT Korg HAD to release these sounds to keep up in the market (this is clearly obvious).

You can argue against that all you like.

Also your comment here:
“Lol... I fail to see how you make that out where there were only ever 4 flashship arrangers.
i3, i30, Pa1X, Pa2X.”

How many freaking Synths have Korg made over the years!!!!!! Karma, Triton, M3, M2, OASYS??
It is fair to say that Korg have been more of a Synth company than an arranger. Thus why they haven’t had the history of making so many different arrangers…

Nick

It's impossible to argue with you Yamaha people. You insulted James just like you did in the past. You own him a apology.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298304 - 10/31/10 06:16 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I have edited my original post on the first page and taken out the link to the YT video.

Here is my edited post to save going back a page:

VIDEO LINK REMOVED. After further research into the issue Brought up - I withdraw my comments about losing credibility for IrishActs and apologise formally to him and CHONY for sending this thread to another place.
Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298305 - 10/31/10 06:29 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
VIDEO LINK REMOVED. After further research into the issue Brought up - I withdraw my comments about losing credibility for IrishActs and apologise formally to him and CHONY for sending this thread to another place.

Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 10-31-2010).]

Thanks Nick

#298306 - 10/31/10 06:31 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Irishacts Offline

Nick G.

You coming here and accuse me of zero creditability is an insult of the highest order when I've done more for people online than most would accomplish in a life time.

10 years I've owned KORG Forums have given my heart and soul into it, so show me some respect and give me credit for the good I've done. It takes utter dedicated to run a massive website like that for free, and shame on you for even suggesting I'm a thief.

How would you like it if I told everyone that you were Kevin Spargo from www.ksounds.com who has posted the video in the first place. Should they also believe that too just like you believe the video without knowing anything about me?

Shall I make up lies about you? Would you like that or would it annoy you?

Further more, while I did not do anything said in that video it makes no difference either way. Where on earth do you think the Rhodes, E-Piano, Organ / B3, Synth sounds, and everything else you currently have on your keyboard was sampled from in the first place?

This stuff doesn't magically appear on a keyboard when you built it you know. Every company in the world has to sample sounds from other instruments and they ALL do it without permission as there is no requirement to ask for permission.

Why?.... You cannot copyright a sound a musical instatement produces.

So before you go accusing me of anything, get your facts right and find out something about the person being accused of illegal activity first.

Quote:

Ok think about that. Since new sounds, samples and styles can be added via simple file formats the keyboards already support, what real differences are there between the Tyros 2, 3 and 4 for example.

Add all that up and truthfully tell me that Yamaha are being innovative here and each release is worthy of a new 3 to 4 grand keyboard..!!!.

Quote:

This is simple, AWM 2 is about 17 years old and Yamaha have not developed anything else since then. In that time KORG have developed AL1, AL2, ACCESS, HI-SYS, EDS, HD-1.

Yamaha Super Articulation, Mega Voices and Sweet Voices are NOT a sound engines.

Quote:

Look above and see the range of sound engines they have also gone through in the process.

Now name 1 and only 1 new sound engine Yamaha have introduced in the last 17 years since AWM 2.

The answer is none, not even 1.

I've no problem with that, but a few new sounds and styles is not a reson to release a new keybaord.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online