Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#298277 - 10/31/10 02:07 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Who knows for sure...whatever the case, they seem to be getting the same amount of milk...just like you and I are getting the same milking out of these old criticisms. Ha ha.

Again, I say, we are very fortunate they (Yamaha and Korg) still make great TOTL/MOTL arrangers however they do it...my sympathies to our brothers, the Roland fanboys.

Ian

The edge goes to the Roland fanboys...no one has topped the G70 yet...so we are content and need not to keep searching for something better...

And if you think Yamaha has all these features and technology gains..you are still out to lunch...Yamaha continues to be the re package king of all times..far exceeding Casio....

#298278 - 10/31/10 02:25 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
If they are not enough of a upgarde..don't buy them. On an ongoing basis.
That's the only way to send the message to the Mfg's.

Example. The PA2XPRO is one heck of a machine already...if the new one is not significantly better...I won't bite.

It's too darn expensive to upgrade all the time.

Lee S.

#298279 - 10/31/10 03:26 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
VIDEO LINK REMOVED. After further research into the issue Brought up - I withdraw my comments about losing credibility for IrishActs and apologise formally to him and CHONY for sending this thread to another place.

Nick

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298280 - 10/31/10 03:32 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
The edge goes to the Roland fanboys...no one has topped the G70 yet...so we are content and need not to keep searching for something better...

And if you think Yamaha has all these features and technology gains..you are still out to lunch...

I just got back from having lunch at a new restaurant.

I stopped eating at the one down the road...the place was that successful, no one goes there anymore.

And, it was boring.

The same applies to Roland arrangers.

And, the only reason you fanboys aren't searching for a replacement for Dino, is because they don't make 'em anymore.

If they did, you'd be first in line.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298281 - 10/31/10 03:43 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
leeboy Offline

Nick
You best do some homework..do you believe everyone on you -tube...I hope not...see this thread.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53468

Lee S.

#298282 - 10/31/10 03:58 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Nick
You best do some homework..do you believe everyone on you -tube...I hope not...see this thread.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53468

Lee S.

IrishActs is always one to be first to throw accusations in the air without any 'homework'.

I had a quick look at that link above and there's obviously a lot of background that I was not aware of. Anyway I don't think we should continue this in Chony's thread.

I APOLOGISE TO CHONY for hijacking the thread and potentially taking it off topic...

I have good ears and whether or not the guy in the video is 'lying' I can hear the truth in the audio...

#298283 - 10/31/10 04:10 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
leeboy Offline

Chony,
I Applologise for the OT. I guess piano quality kind of got us going that direction.
Nick, The lawyers/courts will decide.
Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 10-31-2010).]

#298284 - 10/31/10 04:13 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yamaha is a very GREEDY company. Once they milked me out but not any more. I am a KORG fan now

#298285 - 10/31/10 04:25 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I just got back from having lunch at a new restaurant.

I stopped eating at the one down the road...the place was that successful, no one goes there anymore.

And, it was boring.

The same applies to Roland arrangers.

And, the only reason you fanboys aren't searching for a replacement for Dino, is because they don't make 'em anymore.

If they did, you'd be first in line.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-31-2010).]

Nope you are wrong as usual...There are many choices out there..you guys always mention that...and I can afford to buy anything I want..to keep..or to sell..and I have done just that..

You seem to forget, I already owned a Tyros3..(some folks say it is better than Tyros4)...It was one of the least appealing keyboards I have owned..the same Yamaha re packaged sounds and features...they add a little tinsel here and there..and you guys drool...unbelevable...an over priced keyboard with what I consider poor over all sound...

Thus as I said..I am content and not looking for a better keyboard..there is none..currently..

I will check out the new Korg, just like I check out all keyboards...

The difference with my opinion..I know what I am talking about..
Now go eat your left overs..

#298286 - 10/31/10 04:34 PM Re: YAMAHA TYROS 4 REVIEW
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
IrishActs is always one to be first to throw accusations in the air without any 'homework'.

I had a quick look at that link above and there's obviously a lot of background that I was not aware of. Anyway I don't think we should continue this in Chony's thread.

I APOLOGISE TO CHONY for hijacking the thread and potentially taking it off topic...

I have good ears and whether or not the guy in the video is 'lying' I can hear the truth in the audio...

Nick, I think it is out of place to even mention an unfounded accusation..I haven't heard or read a word about Yamaha bringing any suits against James...I wonder why..maybe because it is nonsense..who knows..and we should not spread any accusations..unfounded accusations ..especially with our fellow SZ members...

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online