SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#298015 - 10/28/10 06:52 AM Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Dnj Offline

#298016 - 10/28/10 07:17 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
Nice demos...seen them before (a while back) A lot of folks way underestimate the PA2XPRO...LOTS of them are sold.

In a free upgrade 24 new DNC enabed sounds were added, and 26 new styles.

Lee S.

#298017 - 10/28/10 07:22 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Dnj Offline

Lee I enjoyed them myself...what more do you really need in an arranger KB?

#298018 - 10/28/10 07:24 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Very nice...a truly fine arranger.

I can't see why more Roland E-60/G-70 owners aren't flocking to this keyboard...it is a whole level above those instruments.

No doubt they will expand DNC in the next PA series.

Ian

#298019 - 10/28/10 07:44 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
leeboy Offline

Donny,
I agree...there however is a few things we would like changed/fixed.

Your comment is why I am exicted to see what they will announce soon....it must e something special.

If it's just a few styles and sounds...I don't think they woud do a new board...soit must be cool.

Ian,
I am not saying this just beause I have one...but MANY people way underestimate the PA2XPRO..not just the sound, but if time is taken to read through the manuals (4)(450 pages) (including advanced edit, and V2 (DNC) and songbook editor etc). you would be amazed at the capabilities. There is a lot in that box!

Also, a big deal...the UI is EASY and not hard to learn...do not have any idea why peple say the opposite. Many 2 button (shift + 1 button) shortcuts that take you right to the needed option.

Lee S.

#298020 - 10/28/10 07:47 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Dnj Offline

Lee dont forget I have owned almost every Korg arranger since my KORG PERSONAL KEYBOARD SAS-20.....many many years ago.
http://www.keyboardmuseum.com/ar/k/korg/s/sas20.html

but I can see your excitement....meanwhile bring out the best in your keyboard and your musical abilities!

#298021 - 10/28/10 07:51 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
I am not saying this just beause I have one...but MANY people way underestimate the PA2XPRO..not just the sound, but if time is taken to read through the manuals (4)(450 pages) (including advanced edit, and V2 (DNC) and songbook editor etc). you would be amazed at the capabilities. There is a lot in that box!

Lee,

I would love to be able to try a Korg arranger...the last one I played, was an I-series; I think it was an I-30.

Dealers in my area don't carry Korg arrangers, just the workstations and digital stage pianos.

Hopefully, I'll get to really experience what you guys rave about.

I do know that the on-line demos I've heard are very impressive.

That's why I can't understand those wanting a TOTL 76'er, and have older arrangers like the G-70, aren't upgrading to a PA2XPro?

Ian

#298022 - 10/28/10 08:00 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
leeboy Offline

Ian,
It may be some mis-information.
Change for us humans is difficult sometimes.
Some that are used to , lets say a Yamaha UI, may at first be lost on a Korg PA.
If they READ the manual, watch the tutorials etc...and give it time, they will love it more times than not.

Also, this issue of lack of styles...well there is lots of styles, no not as many as Yamaha, but lots. And the styles are great.
More of them are general use not song specific.
BUT the tools for style creation/editing are superb. Rikki, as example loves the tools, and has dome a lot of style work.

Also, the issue of not enough fills is over stated. Yes, it would be better/nice f there were more. But, the GREAT PAD functions more than make up for it. They are like a fill you can copy fron style parts or make entirely yoursef and it's easy.
In no way does these comments mean the PA is perfect...none are.

Lee S.

#298023 - 10/28/10 08:13 AM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
Some that are used to , lets say a Yamaha UI, may at first be lost on a Korg PA.
If they READ the manual, watch the tutorials etc...and give it time, they will love it more times than not.

BUT the tools for style creation/editing are superb. Rikki, as example loves the tools, and has dome a lot of style work.

Also, the issue of not enough fills is over stated.

Lee,

I don't have much problem with different operating systems...as you say, it takes only a bit of patience.

The style editing/creation has been praised many times by Rikki, and I trust her judgement, as she has also worked with Yamaha style creating.

The fills issue wouldn't be a problem for me, as I always edit styles to suit my way of play.

Yes, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so I guess it comes down to the failings we can tolerate, and the strong points that meet our needs the best.

Ian

#298024 - 10/28/10 02:15 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ian,
it's really such a pity you can't get access to a korg to try.

You'd love the style editing functions.
Whether or not you'd like the styles is another matter. Yammie & korg styles are different.

You can do your mix n matching of style tracks. You can even use the tracks fom the pads & incorporate them into the style ( & vice versa, ie create a pad from a style track).

Then of course you've got the ability of creating or editing a style in a pc sequencer.
Fairly similar to the way a yammie style looks in a pc sequencer with the markers etc. Actually that's how I convert my old yammie styles to korg format.
Change the markers to suit Korg, remap some of the wrong drums, move the minor Intro's & Endings to the end of the midifile. Save & import it into the Korg. I've now got a style. Then I have to do a bit of tweaking in the korg.

Basically it would be the same way I'd record a style from scratch, if I had the talent. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Lee,

I don't have much problem with different operating systems...as you say, it takes only a bit of patience.

The style editing/creation has been praised many times by Rikki, and I trust her judgement, as she has also worked with Yamaha style creating.

The fills issue wouldn't be a problem for me, as I always edit styles to suit my way of play.

Yes, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, so I guess it comes down to the failings we can tolerate, and the strong points that meet our needs the best.

Ian

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online