SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#297918 - 10/28/10 05:03 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Chony, i forgot to ask another question. Have you tried any Audya styles in the Tyros 4?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#297919 - 10/28/10 05:07 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
kbrkr Offline

Donny, I don't think it's the drum sounds on the Audya as much as the drum GROOVES that sound different from the Tyros. The audio drums are recordings of REAL drummers and the pocket that comes along with them as opposed to MIDI drums which are notoriously sterile and align to the exact measure.

Sometimes a drummer can play a little ahead of a 4/4 count to give a song a certain feel whereas I don't think you can micro-adjust a midi drum to do the same.

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly, but if you spend some time with the Audya, you get a sense of a better feel and groove to the beat more so than the Tyros and the Pa2xpro.

Al

#297920 - 10/28/10 05:29 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Chony
Here is one site that has a selection of drums, http://www.tradebit.com/tagworld.php/drum+snares and there are many more.
Just type “wav snare samples” (Minus the quotation marks) into Google search

HI Al
Most drum samplers/computers/arrangers etc. Have a Humanizer function in them (Even my Wersi Alpha from the early 80s had it) that varies when the drums are hit, just like that occurs when a real drummer plays. (If they didn’t they would sound very regimented)

If you use VSTi this function can be set up to suit the user

Bill

#297921 - 10/28/10 05:40 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Donny, I don't think it's the drum sounds on the Audya as much as the drum GROOVES that sound different from the Tyros. The audio drums are recordings of REAL drummers and the pocket that comes along with them as opposed to MIDI drums which are notoriously sterile and align to the exact measure.

Sometimes a drummer can play a little ahead of a 4/4 count to give a song a certain feel whereas I don't think you can micro-adjust a midi drum to do the same.

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly, but if you spend some time with the Audya, you get a sense of a better feel and groove to the beat more so than the Tyros and the Pa2xpro.

Al

I just think that once you start "FRANKENSTEINING" your sounds it just NEVER seems to sound right anymore....
and should I dare say that it's all "subjective" again.. In many cases LESS is MORE!

#297922 - 10/28/10 05:58 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
kbrkr Offline

Oh yea, I agree with you there on not "over doing it". But I'm sure some interesting results can be achieved with adding some subtle samples to the styles. Yamaha seems to use this philosophy with their sound versus the raw in your face style of Ketron.

So I take it you were not overly pleased with the Audya sound when you and Fran demoed it?

#297923 - 10/28/10 05:59 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Just Yesterday...I was revisiting the individual drum sounds on the PA2XPRO...WOW,,,I think they are very high quality.

I tried a little EQ tweeking on the drum track and I was amazed at how good it sounds.

I may get some time to record them (MP3) and if ayone cares to hear them I could post them.

Chony, I agree with others...find a good set of drum samples and go with that...it is not so easy to record an instrument in the quality you need.

Lee S.

#297924 - 10/28/10 06:09 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Oh yea, I agree with you there on not "over doing it". But I'm sure some interesting results can be achieved with adding some subtle samples to the styles. Yamaha seems to use this philosophy with their sound versus the raw in your face style of Ketron.

So I take it you were not overly pleased with the Audya sound when you and Fran demoed it?

Lets just say I wasn't surprised or blown away at all as I have peformed with so many Ketron units in the past, & pretty much aside from a few styles was pretty much the Ketron sound I am used to. What's did impress me was the overall USER FRIENDLY GIG USEFUL Navigational Deck Layout of the Audya 5.
In no way is it an "out of the box go & perform" unit, but with determination, knowledge, tweaking, editing, phone calls, emails, etc, etc, this can all be achieved for sure if your patient enough to tackle it.

#297925 - 10/28/10 06:11 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
.I may get some time to record them (MP3) and if ayone cares to hear them I could post them.
Lee S.

We're waiting with abated breath ...
please hurry.

#297926 - 10/28/10 07:50 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chony,

I'm still trying to figure out why you purchased the T4. And, with all the things you say you don't like, I'm equally amazed that you have not either returned it, or put it up on Ebay. Did you listen to demos before deciding to buy? Did you travel to Frank's store in New England and try it out before making the leap? Did you tune the T4's EQs, compression, etc...?

Just curious,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#297927 - 10/28/10 09:35 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Chony,

I'm still trying to figure out why you purchased the T4. And, with all the things you say you don't like, I'm equally amazed that you have not either returned it, or put it up on Ebay. Did you listen to demos before deciding to buy? Did you travel to Frank's store in New England and try it out before making the leap? Did you tune the T4's EQs, compression, etc...?

Just curious,

Gary

Gary, this is another example of a new Tyros4 owner that expressed his opinion ..
"not worth upgrading from a Tyros3"...and that he was not excited about the 4 new features he has found other than being able to use sample drums...

Why question his decision? He wanted another keyboard..that apparently is just as good as his Tyros3, but says it is not much of a upgrade....

Chony, always seems to be content with purchases that many other folks do not see worth while...but he knows what he wants...

I am sure going from the Tyros..to Tyros2 ..and Tyros3...he knows not to expect any earth shaking improvements...but most likely just a replacement board for his work..

Even another post ..Leigh tried the Tyros4 for a couple hours..said he loved it..purchased it and after 48 hours ..disliked it....So even if we do try a board in the store..we can find we have a different opinion after a few days...I know I did after a few days with a Tyros3..as I did with the FantomX after a few months..or the PSR2100 after a few weeks...same with the Juno G, Juno Stage, and Sonic Cell..we can change our opinions after we get to play the units...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-28-2010).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online